03-03-2017 12:29 PM
My android phone (6.01) shows it is paired with the sprocket. The sprocket app shows it is paired, but when I click on "Sprocket" from the main app menu, I get the message "hp sprocket an error occurred when retrieving printer details". When I try printing, I get an error message saying to pair the phone with the printer (but the phone shows it is paired)."
03-04-2017 02:29 PM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are getting issues in connecting your HP Sprocket to android phone.
I would like to help you out with this issue today.
- Locate the reset button near the charging port.
- Gently insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.
- The printer resets and turns off.
- Press and hold the power button until the Status Indicator light is solid and white.
- The printer is now ready to print.
Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps mentioned above to fix this issue.
(Note: Though the title of the printer is different, these steps should fix the issue.
If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,
Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".
Let me know how you make out.
I am an HP Employee
03-22-2017 09:28 AM
Hellow @martire -
If you haven't already resolved the issue, I would suggest restarting your mobile phone, then uninstalling/reinstalling the Sprocket app.
After that, please check to make sure you have the latest firmware on your printer
Once you have a connection via the Sprocket app, please do the following to update the firmware:
1.) Make sure your Sprocket battery is charged greater than 75%, otherwise you won’t see the firmware update option.
2.) Ensure your Sprocket is powered on and connected to your phone/sprocket app (green circle in menu)
3.) In the Sprocket mobile app, tap ‘menu’ (3 lines) -> ‘sprocket’ -> ‘Printers’ -> ‘Get Firmware Upgrade’ (blue text)
The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.
If my post was helpful, please click the 'thumbs up' icon below to give Kudos. Thanks!!!
03-22-2017 09:33 AM
There's a few things you can try to reconnect your sprocket to your mobile device. First, I recommend make sure the firmware is up to date using the app to check. If there are no new updates, please reset the device and then try to reconnect it.
- Locate the reset button near the charging port.Figure : Locating the reset button
- Gently insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.The printer resets and turns off.
- Press and hold the power button until the Status Indicator light is solid and white.The printer is now ready to print.
Let me know if this works for you!
I work on behalf of HP. #HPExpertsDay
Please click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is resolved.