BUG: This action could not be completed. Try again later. (801 Views)
Student
Panquee1013
Message 11 of 21 (321 Views)

Re: BUG: This action could not be completed. Try again later.

This is not just an issue of region.  I live in LA, California and have similar issues.  After initial week of owning my Pre Plus, noticed the issue with the App Catalog. I've spent 2 hours with Palm Tech to do a reset of apps AND wiped out the entire device software doing a hard reset with WebOS Doctor--- and issue still not resolved.  I subsequently return phone and got replacement and noticed same bug the next day.  Went back to store and verified the same bug on their DEMO phone.  3 different phones with same issues??  Not likely a coincidence. I'm surprised PALM hasn't officially verified it as an issue with this App yet.  I just hope WebOS 2.0 fixes this bug.

Tutor
bandman
Message 12 of 21 (321 Views)

I am having this problem as well.  Whenever I touch the basket I get the error in the App Catalog.  I have been seeing it for several days on an infrequent basis when navigating around the catalog.  The last 24 hours or so have been every time I try to update apps.  Is Palm working on a fix?

Student
Skooj
Message 13 of 21 (321 Views)

I've had this issue for a few weeks now. Since shortly before the 1.4.5 update hit vzw. I noticed it was intermittent when browsing around the catalog but for me, it is an issue 100% of the time when hitting the little app basket to update apps. I've both erased apps and data and doctored my phone in hopes of fixing this and it hasn't. I'm just kinda glad to see that it's not just me with this issue I guess...

Honor Student
iowapre
Message 14 of 21 (321 Views)

I had this issue to, I even tried a partial reset that didn't work.  I finally cleared it all up by removing the geocaching app.  Once that app was removed and phone was rebooted, all was well in my app catalog shopping bag.

Student
jdebloois
Message 15 of 21 (321 Views)

I have the same issue. Running 1.4.5 on AT&T. Palm support told me it was due to the "speed of my data connection". I seriously doubt that. Won't even work over wifi. Have done all the resets, all the restore with webOS Doctor etc. Nothing gets me access to the App Catalog.

Basically I have a great phone that has been hobbled with lack of apps and there appears to be no answer from HP/Palm on this.

Honor Student
VadymRu
Message 16 of 21 (321 Views)

This is very frustrating not only because of leak a few apps for playing only - I even can't use my pre like treo 680 like I used for... I can't sync pre with Outlook, and without this possibility this new pre is only toy! I can't use it like phone at all! I think, if HP will not correct this type of behavior for Palm - they will close pre project soon...

Student
spuki14
Message 17 of 21 (321 Views)

hi

halp me please

what to dooooooooo

Honor Student
dsillik
Message 18 of 21 (172 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi folks,

i can't help to notice that this is a very old post. i to am having this problem with my new pixi along with the inability to download apps. before i get to far, given the age of this post...am i in the right place? do i need to call suppot?...got a phone number. or should i just return this thing?

Provost
WyreNut
Message 19 of 21 (164 Views)

Hello dsillik, Welcome to the HP Support Community!  :smileyhappy:

Did you install the App Catalog update prior to July 23rd, 2013?

If not, please see this thread:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/webOS-Hardware-and-Software/App-Catalog-not-working-Missed-the-update-T...

There is no support available for this 3-year old phone... :smileysad:

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
dsillik
Message 20 of 21 (155 Views)

many, many thanks for the help. following the directions seemed to help. i did this before, the dirrections were slightly different and it took some for it seemed to take a little while to sink into my phone, acted wierd for a while. at least one of the apps i paid for never did load and i don't even see it in the apps catalog any more, google maps? can you maybe lend me a hand with that? this is a 3 year old phone. i just purchased it brand new, i don't get it. please explain. thanks again for responding to my needs.

david

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation