Can't remove duplicate contacts on Palm Pre? (107 Views)
Student
mkillough67
Message 1 of 6 (107 Views)

Can't remove duplicate contacts on Palm Pre?

Hello, I ran WebOS Doctor on my Palm Pre before the 1.3.5 release and now have duplicate contacts for each entry?  All of my contacts were input directly into my Pre (not synced with anything else like Google or Outlook) and now for each entry I have one good entry and one bad one.  The "bad" entry simply opens for a second with no data and then closes.  I tried merging with the good contact and the bad contact still remains.  I tried installing the PreWare patch for swiping to delete entries and it deletes it for a second then it automatically reappears?  Can someone please tell me how to remove these duplicated entries??  Thank you!

Post relates to: Pre p100eww (Sprint)

Honor Student
scottkoblitz
Message 2 of 6 (107 Views)

Re: Can't remove duplicate contacts on Palm Pre?

I just ran into the same exact problem after getting a replacement phone. I think it happened because something wasn't finnished syncing or something before I added another acct. but that's just my guess? Anyways has anybody found a solution yet?
Top Student
Einnyen
Message 3 of 6 (107 Views)

Same issue here.

I ran the webOS doctor and when it prompted for the profile info I lost all my contacts. When the phone came up I defaulted the device to backup from/to my primary gmail account. Now I have duplicate entries however I can only select one of them. When I try to select the other "shadow" contact it throws me back to the main contacts view.

I'd love to find a solution since I cant link all the duplicates together.

Student
phelms
Message 4 of 6 (107 Views)

I am having the same issue.  Identical circumstances.  This is the 4th Pre I have been issued.  Is this a Palm Profile or hardware issue?  
Honor Student
tfuder
Message 5 of 6 (107 Views)

I have experienced EXACTLY the same thing.  Had a problem with the speaker on my first Pre, so I returned it.  A backup was performed, and then the new Pre was activated.  The data was downloaded from my Palm Profile.

After that, I had my contact NAMES in the list, but no phone numbers.  So I called Palm.

They were able to retrieve my numbers, but now I have duplicate entries.  One of each entry is "normal", but the other can not be opened (just jumps back to the list).

I installed the "Swipe Contacts to Delete" patch, and tried to remove the bogus entries that way (since I couldn't open them to delete them individually).  They delete off my Pre... for about 3 seconds... and then they reappear!  ARGH!

Also, the Pre shows that, while I have login credentials for Palm Profile and Yahoo, I can only pick the Palm Profile as my Default contact entry (even though I have contacts in Yahoo, as well).

As much as I love the phone, I may have to give it up for this.  I can't even get WebOSDctor to work with it...

Honor Student
paulie140
Message 6 of 6 (107 Views)

This is what worked for me.

1. Deleted my Google Profile from my phone

2. Backed up my photos (via USB)

3. Hard Reset of phone

4. Restore Palm Profile

5. Retore Google Account.

6 Viola!

Note: Be sure that the contacts you want on your phone are in the "My Contacts" folder from your Google account (via computer). This is the one that syncs.

Best of luck.  For more tips and reviews, visit yopauly.com

Peace

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation