Question

Student
speriman
Message 1 of 5 (330 Views)

Dead TouchPad

No device

I noticed this has been posted before, but not answered.  My touchpad has been dead now for longer than it's been alive, months.  I haven't tried in vain for hours to be able to speak or chat with someone, but to avail.  A reset does nothing.  It is just dead.  I am starting to feel as if I wasted my money.  Please help me bring my touchpad back to life.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 2 of 5 (327 Views)

Re: Dead TouchPad

I moved your post to the webOS section where you'll find the same question has been asked many times.

The first thing I always suggest is trying a different USB cable with the charger supplied by HP.  They are known to be fragile, and I received a bad one shipped with my second TouchPad.  It never was able to charge until I used a cable from a webOS phone I had lying around.  Bingo!  It began to charge and came to life in about an hour.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Student
chb3a4
Message 3 of 5 (248 Views)

when pressed both point a question mark appeared on screen  but touch pad does not start

Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 4 of 5 (243 Views)

chb3a4 wrote:

when pressed both point a question mark appeared on screen  but touch pad does not start

It does not have enough power to start up.  Try using a different cable, or a different charger if you have access to one.

_______
smkranz
I am a volunteer, and not an HP employee.
Palm OS ∙ webOS ∙ Android
Tutor
GMMan
Message 5 of 5 (209 Views)

Yikes, it's the battery with question mark problem. Usually a bad sign. Somehow your TP's main board isn't communicating with the battery and it won't boot until the battery is recognized.

webOS Nation frequenter and homebrew developer. Also game reverse engineer. Check out some of my stuff.

I may offer links to homebrew solutions. HP does not officially support homebrew solutions, and you use them at your own risk.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation