Question
Facebook Newsfeed Won't Load
Replies (16)

PhD Student
TreoAide
Message 11 of 17 (3,505 Views)

Re: Facebook Newsfeed Won't Load

The Facebook app has gone through some serious changes since it first released. Most reviews since the recent updates have been very favorable. Also, the ability to search the app catalog and download from web links such as the one I posted earlier should be restored.

What you are tapping on is a web bookmark that takes you to the mobile Facebook website. Also, I've seen mixed results with the mobile site. Here I have tested on several devices, and sometimes the newsfeed loads fine, other times it doesn't load. Sometimes it takes a long time but finally does load.

Hope this helps,

TreoAide

Tutor
bolestim
Message 12 of 17 (3,505 Views)

I just started experiencing this problem yesterday.  My Facebook news feed won't update, no matter how long I let it sit there and try to update.  I can access my friends list and I can view their pages with recent updates, but my home page doesn't update with news.  Very frustrating.

Tim

Tutor
bolestim
Message 13 of 17 (3,505 Views)

Hmmm.  My news feed just updated.  Not sure what changed.  Good luck everyone.

Tim

Student
astrautz
Message 14 of 17 (3,505 Views)

I have been trying to download the Facebook 1.2 update since it was released but it won't download to my phone.  I even deleted the old app and tried re-downoading the new app again but it didn't work.  It just says "download paused."  Nothing happens when I tap the screen where it says download paused.  I have also tried sending the link to my phone through your link in the post below, but that just takes me to the same download paused screen.  Any help in getting the new app on my phone would be greatly appreciated.

Student
lndlcm
Message 15 of 17 (3,505 Views)

My newsfeed won't load.  Masthead appears, but page remains blank no matter how long I wait for it to load.

Master's Graduate
Ridius
Message 16 of 17 (3,505 Views)

lndlcm wrote:

My newsfeed won't load.  Masthead appears, but page remains blank no matter how long I wait for it to load.

I think this has to do with Facebook making updates and the HP Facebook app not being updated in a while. Here's a work-around:

• Open the Facebook app and wait for 2-3 seconds on the "loading" or blank screen
  • Tap the menu in the top left and select Preferences and Accounts
  • On the Preferences and Accounts screen, simply tap Done
  • Your Timeline should now be displayed and the app should work as normal.
Student
imanuelaa
Message 17 of 17 (3,505 Views)

Was the same problem but now everything ok. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation