HELP HP TOUCHPAD WONT TURN ON! (86 Views)
Honor Student
vens1000
Message 1 of 4 (86 Views)

HELP HP TOUCHPAD WONT TURN ON!

I left my Touchpad on charging for about 3 days. It will be recognized by my computer as QHSUSB_DLOAD and as a new found hardware. However the HP Touchpad wont turn on. And it is only recognized when I hold down power, home button and down volume button. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

Master's Graduate
Ridius
Message 2 of 4 (82 Views)

Re: HELP HP TOUCHPAD WONT TURN ON!

First, how are you charging the TouchPad?

Please note that plugging the USB cable into the computer won't charge it. The USB port won't provide enough power. Also note that for A/C charging, you must use the adapter that came with the TouchPad. A/C Adapters that came with webOS phones are slightly smaller and don't provide enough power to charge the TouchPad. Use the adatper that came with it.

Try these things to fix your issue:

• Charge the TouchPad for about an hour to make sure there's some juice in it
  • Press and hold the Power Button and the Center button for 20 seconds (actually count 1 - 1000, 2 - 1000, etc)
    The Power Button is a single button on the same side of the TouchPad as the headset jack
    The Center Button is right below the screen

If done correctly, your TouchPad should boot up to an HP Logo. If not, then try plugging the TouchPad in to an A/C outlet and holding the power button for 5 seconds... what happens? 

Honor Student
vens1000
Message 3 of 4 (84 Views)

This never worked either, what should I do. I lost the receipt and im wondering if hp will replace it?!

Is this a software or hardware problem?

Master's Graduate
speedtouch_1
Message 4 of 4 (82 Views)

vens1000 wrote:

This never worked either, what should I do. I lost the receipt and im wondering if hp will replace it?!

Is this a software or hardware problem?

You connected the TouchPad to the wall charger and it still won't turn on?  You may need to contact HP Support on the phone.  HP will replace it, if needed, since you're still in the 1yr warranty period.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation