HP TouchPad (19725 Views)
Tutor
Joanne1348
Message 1 of 13 (19,725 Views)

HP TouchPad

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've been trying to send an email to HP to ask my questions but unfortunately NONE of their links seem to work so....

I'm sure someone here will have an answer for me. :smileywink:

I'd like to know if we can use memory cards and/or sticks with the HP TouchPad. I don't find either mentioned in the literature and find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that we can't at LEAST use ONE of these. And I didn't see any mention of downloading anything from my PC into the TouchPad NOR did I read anything about uploading FROM the TouchPad onto my PC. I'm assuming we can use a 'sylus' on it (not the hard ones but the 'cushioned ones').

Can anyone please clear these questions up for me? I'm VERY interested in perhaps trying it but not if there isn't a way to load anything into it, etc.

Thanks in advance. :smileyhappy:

july-4th.gif

John 3:16,17
Prov. 3:5,6
Student
smattos
Message 2 of 13 (19,696 Views)

Re: HP TouchPad

Joanne,

The HP TouchPad DOES NOT support memory cards or sticks.  As of its launch date (July 1, 2011) it comes in two variations: 16 GB and 32 GB WiFi only.  You do not need to use a stylus with the TouchPad, its screen is extremely responsive to touch.  The screen is also chemically treated "Gorilla Glass" and so is also very scratch resistant.

You can now visit many retail outlets (e.g., Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, some Walmart stores) and actually play with a TouchPad.

Best of luck.

Top Student
jimvons
Message 3 of 13 (19,597 Views)

[ Edited ]

Memory cards are nice but not required.  You can connect your Touchpad to you comuter with the included USB/power cord and send files down and bing them back out easily.

Jim

Top Student
HappyHPUser
Message 4 of 13 (19,551 Views)

Re: HP TouchPad - Forum link

You can post your comments and requests here as well,

http://forums.palm.com/t5/HP-TouchPad-Software-Hardware/bd-p/touchpad

Tutor
Joanne1348
Message 5 of 13 (19,545 Views)

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info. You guys are great! :smileyvery-happy:

John 3:16,17
Prov. 3:5,6
Student
mdespot
Message 6 of 13 (19,479 Views)

I went to Best Buy and the lady there put in an SD card and told me that expands the memory.  So it seems that it does support a memory card. 

Student
Nina-3
Message 7 of 13 (19,280 Views)

I bought a new HP tablet (touchpad) but I am unable to install my device in muy computer (HP Touch screen).  I am a little bit lost as to how I go from my tablet, to my cmputer.  Is there software.  Please help.

Student
mlh1023
Message 8 of 13 (10,233 Views)

I have a number of books (epub & mobi formats) saved on a disk and would like to transfer them to my touchpad.  I have the kindle app but it does not recognize them.  I have also downloaded the pReader but it will not work either.  Can you give me detailed instructions on how I can do this.  Thanks!

Student
GoPadge
Message 9 of 13 (9,255 Views)

I have used Kindle Import (http://www.webosnation.com/kindle-import) in conjunction with Calibre

(http://calibre-ebook.com) to successfully import a number of books into the WebOS Kindle app.  There are a few minor issues.  

Calibre

I had some issues with figuring out attaching alternate cover images if I didn't like the default.

Kindle Import

Don't use Kindle Import to delete a book that is being read in the Kindle app.  

I have had one book fail to import the cover image successfully.  

But other than those three, the process was fairly simple and straight forward.  

Honor Student
barrettr33
Message 10 of 13 (5,791 Views)

as to the statement, " a lady at best buy insalled increase of memory in hp touchpad "

I say **bleep**, **bleep** **bleep**.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation