Question

Student
mbhkur
Message 1 of 70 (1,178 Views)

HP Touchpad - Battery will not charge

Hello, I have had my touchpad for four days and now today have ran into charging problems.  Earlier today it would start charging then stop then start again.  Now it will not charge at all.  I plug the charge that came with it in, and it just doesn't start charging.  I have tried multiple outlets and restarted the device with no success. 

I would appreciate some assistance. 

Thanks.

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

Master's Graduate
speedtouch_1
Message 2 of 70 (1,177 Views)

Re: HP Touchpad - Battery will not charge

Your best bet is to exchange the TP at the store you bought it from.  Or contact HP Butler service and have them troubleshoot it.

Grad Student
Anachronistic
Message 3 of 70 (1,177 Views)

mbhkur wrote:

Hello, I have had my touchpad for four days and now today have ran into charging problems.  Earlier today it would start charging then stop then start again.  Now it will not charge at all.  I plug the charge that came with it in, and it just doesn't start charging.  I have tried multiple outlets and restarted the device with no success. 

I would appreciate some assistance. 

Thanks.

The barrel charger (that plugs into the power outlet) has a screw-off end (so that can use various other plugs).  Make sure this is screwed on tightly (I'd recommend even un-screwing it and then putting it back together).  Then try charging again. 

If its showing the same issue, it may be a faulty charger or TouchPad.  Definitely agree at that point to call the Butler service.

Intern
jflores_1
Message 4 of 70 (1,177 Views)

You are not alone.  My HP TouchPad has the same problem with yours.  It's only two days old since I bought it the other day.  First, it freezes when I opened the free apps (which is empty).  Per techs advice, I reset by pressing the two buttons for at least 10 seconds.  When I turned it on, it shows the adaptor.  So I plugged it in to charge it.  As a result, it shows on the screen the adaptor applet and vanished after few seconds.  Finally, the screen turns black and not charging at all.  Tried like crazy to several outlets but to no avail. 

I guess, this device was not even checked for quality control before it leaves the production site.  Otherwise, they could have detected it.  They were rushing for the school opening (North America) in September.  All these problems will be coming back to them and they will lost a lot in the market share.  Stores and service depots will be busy receiving HP TouchPad returns.

Intern
jflores_1
Message 5 of 70 (1,177 Views)

Thanks for your advice. By the way, I returned my first HP TP and got it exchanged.  It seems my 2nd unit is working fine.

Master's Graduate
speedtouch_1
Message 6 of 70 (1,177 Views)

jflores wrote:

Thanks for your advice. By the way, I returned my first HP TP and got it exchanged.  It seems my 2nd unit is working fine.

That's great news.  Thanks for the update.

Student
jdhdsmith
Message 7 of 70 (1,177 Views)

Touchpad stopped charging

My Touchpad was working fine. I put it back on the charging cradle one night when I went back to it a couple of days later it was dead. I could not get it to power on at all. I plugged it into a wall socket but it didn't help. It is as dead as a door nail.

Any ideas?

PhD Student
CB-Tech
Message 8 of 70 (1,177 Views)

Re: Touchpad stopped charging

If you connect your charger directly to the micro USB port are you able to get any (alternating) light on the center button or large battery symbol on screen? Are you using the correct HP power adapter 2.0A? Have you checked the plug adapter on the end of the power adapter for full engagement by removing it with a CCW twist and then re-connecting it with a CW twist until you hear and feel a click? Are you using the same power adapter for the Touchstone and the USB cable?

Student
thunder8671
Message 9 of 70 (1,177 Views)

touchpad not charging

I just opended a new touchpad that was just sent to me and i plugged it in after 30 minutes im not getting a charging icon or anything letting me know it is charging.  i also tried different chargers and tried turning it on and still nothing.  Any idea why its not working ive been looking forward to this for a long while and i hope hp doesnt disappoint me

Student
Anh_1
Message 10 of 70 (1,177 Views)

Re: touchpad not charging

i got the same problem. it won't charge when i plug in the charger. i did try to press the button on the right top and the button at the bottom. all i see is the symbol of the charger, then goes black. It still worked yesterday. What can i do to solve the problem? Get a new charger?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation