Question

Student
ermoberlin
Message 1 of 23 (25,429 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Touchpad with battery question mark

Hi , 

my HP Touchpad  shows battery question mark symbol, what should i do ?

Thanks in advance

Regards ermoberlin

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 23 (25,422 Views)

Re: HP Touchpad with battery question mark

[ Edited ]

Hold the Power button to attempt to turn the TP off.

When the TP is off, press and hold the power and volume up buttons.  

The TP should power on and display the USB trident symbol.

At that point you're in USB mode and should be able to use webOS Doctor 3.0.5 I suggest using WebOS Doctor to reset the TP to its delivered condition

The forum with the greatest amount of resources for the HP Touchpad is the HP WebOS Forum. I highly recommend joining that forum.

This nicely written and illustrated standard Touchpad troubleshooting tutorial is at the WebOS forum.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
afareed
Message 3 of 23 (23,863 Views)

Hi,

I tried as suggest to turn off the TP while hold the power button but  TP screen is still showing the Bty with question mark.

Any more problem solving technique.

Awaiting reply

Fareed

Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 23 (23,755 Views)

The battery is too depleted to start the TP. Plug it in and leave it for awhile, usually powers up automatically once it charges enough.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
jmaier32
Message 5 of 23 (20,598 Views)

I have tried to reset the TP as suggested and I still get the battery with a question mark in the middle of it error.  I have charged the TP for days using the wall outlet and using only USB cord plug into my computer.  Nothing will work.  Is there anything else I can try to fix the issue?

Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 6 of 23 (20,585 Views)

The issue is likely related to the charging hardware, either the cable or the a/c adapter itself.  There are numerous threads on the subject, including this one.  Try un-twisting and re-tighening the business end of the a/c adapter (it comes apart), or try a different or new USB cable.

_______
smkranz
I am a volunteer, and not an HP employee.
Palm OS ∙ webOS ∙ Android
Student
keach
Message 7 of 23 (20,584 Views)

Battery with ?

What does the battery with ? mean?  What can I do to get my Touchpad working again?

Top Student
djohns03
Message 8 of 23 (20,562 Views)

Re: Battery with ?

My pad is displaying a picture of battery w/? in middle.  Please advise if this is a known issue or appropriate resource to resolving tips.

Provost
CherylG
Message 9 of 23 (20,550 Views)

Re: Battery with ?

The battery is too depleted to start the TP. Plug it in and leave it for awhile, usually powers up automatically once it charges enough.

If it doesn't charge,try un-twisting and re-tighening the barrel end of the a/c adapter.If still no joy, try a different or new USB cable.A generic cable will work with the barrel charger ,such as one from a digital camera or cellphone.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
airmandj
Message 10 of 23 (20,485 Views)

Sorry, this didn't work for me.  My issue is a little different.  I just bought this Touchpad a couple weeks ago from an auction, its condition was unknown.  First issue was the battery was completely dead and no charger was included.  After I figured out you need to use an HP charger and not just any ole charger, I went and bought an HP charger online.  Now it appears it has charged, but I get this symbol.  I've tried the restart and it just goes back to the symbol.  Tried the power, center, volume combination and nothing comes up.  I don't know if I can even use the WebOS doctor since I never set up a WebOS account on it.  I doubt its still covered under any warranty, but its impossible to tell on my own since I don't know the original purchase date.  If you've seen any other solutions, please let me know, I've been dying to play with my new toy :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation