Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my computer user name and PW were changed now my HP tablet won't get the internet.Is there a place on my tablet where I can reset the UN and PW

HP Recommended

Hello marcella12, Welcome to the HP Community Forum!

Not sure why "changing the computer user name and PW" has to do with blocking Wifi access.  Perhaps someone changed the login to your router?

To change wifi access, go to the Settings Tab, WiFi, and find your network. Tap on it, and you'll see an option - a big red button that says, "Forget Network".  Tap this, then let it scan for the network again.

Now you can enter the new UN and PW to gain wifi and internet access.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

My touchpad is frozen. The display shows the sign a USB port

HP Recommended

Simultaneously holding down the 3 buttons worked out fine. Tks very much

HP Recommended

i have a HP Touchpad WebOS that froze & only the "floating" HP icon appears until the charge runs out. I am unable to turn it off either. Please help.

E. Nava

HP Recommended

still it was not working,on my touch pad.,i holded the power,volume up,and menu button simultaneously,still my touchpad not started..yet..

HP Recommended
I keep getting sent back to the same page with no clearcut solution(s) to my frozen pad. I do NOT find 3 buttons to hold down. I have tried holding the volume & power buttons down simultaneously for 30 seconds but nothing happens. I keep reading about a 3rd "large HP " button but I find no such button on my touchpad. Please tell me if my WebOs pad has one or not. If not, I will need another solution, please.
HP Recommended

@elnava13 wrote:
I keep getting sent back to the same page with no clearcut solution(s) to my frozen pad. I do NOT find 3 buttons to hold down. I have tried holding the volume & power buttons down simultaneously for 30 seconds but nothing happens. I keep reading about a 3rd "large HP " button but I find no such button on my touchpad. Please tell me if my WebOs pad has one or not. If not, I will need another solution, please.

Please hold your your touchpad with the speakers pointing downwards, screen towards you.

At the 3 o'clock position you'll see a large button known as the "center" or "home" button.  This is the third button you are looking for.

It is also the button to be held when doing a simple reboot.  Hold it and the power button for 15 - 20 seconds until the HP logo appears.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Okay, I found the 3rd button & followed your instructions. Now I'm back to the "floating" HP icon in the center of my screen but it still won't do anything else. What's the next step to unfreeze?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.