Question

Honor Student
harmonicar
Message 1 of 4 (52 Views)

How to store files on my HP tablet

I recently installed the preader app onto my HP tablet. I then downloaded several ebooks and transfered some others from my computer. All the files show up when I connect the tablet to the computer with USB, but when I try to open anything with the preader, it can not find any of my books. I'm thinking that maybe it is a question of where the files are stored on the tablet, but I can't figure this one out. Thanks in advance for any help.
Ronnie

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

<edited the subject for clarity -- Speedtouch>

Master's Graduate
speedtouch_1
Message 2 of 4 (52 Views)

Re: How to store files on my HP tablet

Preader should find your ebooks no matter where they're stored on your TouchPad.  What are the formats of the ebooks you put on your TouchPad?

Master's Graduate
Ridius
Message 3 of 4 (52 Views)

The TouchPad uses a filesystem cache feature which can sometimes hiccup. This hiccup manifests in the TouchPad not displaying any of your files even though they show up in USB Drive mode. Try doing a simple restart to fix this. Press and hold the Power button plus the Center button for 10-15 seconds (the screen will go all black). When the TouchPad boots back up, it should be working.
Honor Student
harmonicar
Message 4 of 4 (52 Views)

the books are in epub format. And my Touchpad now seems to have developed a mind of its own on this subject. Right after I posted my question, the p-reader actually found some of the epub files and let me add them to the library. I was able to open and start to read one of them. But just now when I opened p-reader again it went directly to the book I had been reading instead of to the "library," then when I closed that book and tried to return to the library it didn't seem to find anything.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation