Question
Lost my Touchpad
Replies (26)

Student
mmccarth
Message 11 of 27 (119 Views)

Re: Lost my Touched

Hello I just lost my touchpad as well and the "i lost my phone" link is greyed out for me as well. Can you help?
Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 12 of 27 (119 Views)

Please refer to the earlier response:

That option is greyed out if you never validated your email address for the HP webOS Account. I think you're going to have to call HP.

_______
smkranz
I am a volunteer, and not an HP employee.
Palm OS ∙ webOS ∙ Android
Student
surgiclprcision
Message 13 of 27 (119 Views)

My Touchpad was stolen from my bag. I logged in today after reading this forum thread but my device is not listed. Can anything be done?

I havent used my touchpad in awhile and I was going to start using it again!!

Provost
WyreNut
Message 14 of 27 (119 Views)

And once again, this question has already been answered by HP CSR's in the first page of this thread.

I suggest you peruse the entire thread.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
eaglewe3
Message 15 of 27 (119 Views)

i found a touchpad on the plane and I have no idea how to find the owner. can anyone direct me?

Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 16 of 27 (120 Views)

I have not heard that HP has a program to return found items to their rightful owner, but even assuming the owner registered the device, HP would not divulge the owner's information.  Plus, even if the original purchaser did register the device, there's no way for HP to know if the device was transferred to a subsequent user.

All that said, I will ask that an HP support agent poke their head into this thread to see if anything can be done.

_______
smkranz
I am a volunteer, and not an HP employee.
Palm OS ∙ webOS ∙ Android
Honor Student
eaglewe3
Message 17 of 27 (120 Views)

Thank you for replying...I hope someone checks this board.

Honor Student
bxdeputy
Message 18 of 27 (120 Views)

I believe my Touchpad was stolen from my car 2 days ago. Last night,  I opened my Account on the HP Support Website and clicked Lost My Phone, told it to erase my phone and then got a message in red that the device erase had correctly initialized. It said it would take 2 hours.  I logged in today and the option to erase it is grayed out.  Does that mean that whoever stole it, had opened the device and has been online.

Previously I had installed the Security 4 digit pin code to open The Touchpad, so assuming that it would take a while to break the pin, do you know how this erase cycle works?

Does the device begin to erase automatically or does it need to be online?  Is there a way to verify that it worked?  Will I get an email from HP or a letter indicating that the device is erased?  Does this swipe prevent  the device from ever working again?

Also, I chose to backup the data before swiping the device. Where does it back up to, and am I correct to assume it can be retrieved for a replacement?

Should I contact anyone at HP to report the Stolen Touchpad or is this done automatically since I initiated the erase

Thanks in advance for any information you can offer and for your time!,

Honor Student
jsunwalters
Message 19 of 27 (120 Views)

When did you find it? I lost mine on a flight February 20th.

If that means it is possible you found mine I could send you the serial number of the one I purchased to confirm. 

Jason

Honor Student
iggz
Message 20 of 27 (120 Views)

Hi, I lost my Touchpad on a plane at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport around early January. Please let me know if this is around when/where you found it! 

I also still have the serial number to verify.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation