Question

Tutor
RivergoatJr
Message 1 of 5 (272 Views)

New to TouchPad...Facebook question

A friend just gave me a TP that he had no need for; I did an erase to remove his data, and entered my own. I'm reading up on tips/tricks/user guides, but I did notice that when I tried to make a comment on FB, the keyboard showed up, but nothing I typed on it appeared in the comments window.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 2 of 5 (255 Views)

Re: New to TouchPad...Facebook question

Hello RivergoatJr, I just tried it on my TouchPad and things seem to be working fine.

Just curious, what version of Facebook Tablet are you using? Mine has version 2.0.35.

Or are you using the web to access FB?  Might give the download a try from the App store.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Tutor
RivergoatJr
Message 3 of 5 (247 Views)

Thanks. I'll check the version. Last night, however, it let me type comments as it should, so go figure. I had at first run it off the Web, then logged back into FB via the installed app.

I'm still getting settled with the TouchPad. Ha, the first thing I noticed with the keypad was the lack of arrow keys. This morning I ran the patch that applied a fixed keyboard, so that is settled. I can't imagine how/why the developers left that out; I found the need for arrows immediately.

Going to look at the rest of the tweaks and tune ups on the sticky, Looks like some good adivce; but I'll also see what version of FB app is installed and update as needed.

(I still want to see how to create my own wallpapers - I d/l'ed an app that has nice photos, but the one I chose is of a State Park 10 minutes from me...I have taken photos of the same waterfall, and would rather use my own work!)

Intersting my friend didn't need the TouchPad and just gave it to me, I'm seeing a variety of ways i can make good use of it....

Provost
WyreNut
Message 4 of 5 (239 Views)

[ Edited ]

To use a pic for wallpaper - go to Settings/Screen & Lock/Change Wallpaper.

It will open a dialogue letting you "pick a pic". ;-)

As you get familiar with it, you may want to consider installing Android on it too!  It becomes an amazing dual-booting tablet that few other devices can match!   

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Tutor
RivergoatJr
Message 5 of 5 (230 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the follow up. I had read about Android on the TouchPad, I may look into that. Yesterday I got Preware in along with Uberkernel and Govnah (pushing it to 1.7GHz); then the modified keyboard with arrow keys, disabling some of the logging, all the neat tips I read about.

I also figured out the wallpaper thing. I used Photoshop to resize and crop some of my personal shots into 1024x1024; they work as wallpaper, but I see they get cropped just a little more when I save as wallpaper. I may need to tweak with images a little more, and find some that have enough open space around the frame so as to not get the main subject cropped.

As I get used to that, I'll see what going Android has to offer as well :smileywink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation