Too many cards (5640 Views)
Top Student
rimcon
Message 1 of 7 (5,640 Views)
Accepted Solution

Too many cards

When I try to open a link on a website when using the touchpad I get a message that says "too many cards" what does this mean and how can I remedy this
Intern
LV6071
Message 2 of 7 (5,621 Views)

Re: Too many cards

Hi, below you will find a few tips.

Their are several options:

1. Just hold down on the OK button for a few seconds.

2. The "Too Many Cards" error has historically meant that your device has too many applications open and has run out of RAM. It could be solved by closing some applications and trying again. Turning off the system and turning it back on also clears the memory.

“To fully close an app, drag the card to the bottom of the screen and release it. The card should bounce up and off the top of the screen.”

Otherwise, the "normal" way to close the app leaves it in standby mode and can still be using up memory. After a while of closing many apps by just swipping up, without restarting the tablet/phone, could cause them to continue to burn memory until you get the "Too many cards" error.

Hope it helps.

Thank you,

Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
If I was able to help...Give it a Kudos!

Thank you
Honor Student
HPNinjagirl
Message 3 of 7 (5,268 Views)

Re: Too many cards/THANK YOU

Your solution is exactly that!! Thank you! Would be nice to physially add memory.  Love this little tab.

Student
duke070
Message 4 of 7 (4,286 Views)

nice answer but everything that is touched comes up too many cards so everything is stopped and nothing can be done. there are no cards open either

Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 5 of 7 (4,279 Views)

duke070 wrote:

nice answer but everything that is touched comes up too many cards so everything is stopped and nothing can be done. there are no cards open either

Reset the TouchPad by holding the power and center buttons down simultaneously for 15-20 seconds, until the HP logo appears.

I used to get frequent "too many cards" errors on my earlier webOS phones, but it has happened rarely on my TouchPad.

_______
smkranz
I am not employed by HP
Palm OS ∙ webOS ∙ Android
Top Student
oreomama
Message 6 of 7 (2,847 Views)

I had same error this morning and now it wont power up at all  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 7 of 7 (2,841 Views)

Have you tried resetting as indicated above?

Also there are several very recent threads rignt below this one on this board, about ways to get a TouchPad to power up when it seems dead.

_______
smkranz
I am not employed by HP
Palm OS ∙ webOS ∙ Android
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation