Question

Tutor
Jim_Crutchfield
Message 1 of 75 (513 Views)

TouchPad loses internet connection

Hi.

My new TouchPad constantly loses its ability to communicate with the internet. Web pages fail to load, I can't get or send email, TP Help can't connect, and the HP App Catalog won't load.
The TP is not losing the wi-fi connection, and other computers on my wi-fi network can still use the internet.

Restarting Luna doesn't seem to have any effect. Shutting down the TP and restarting restores internet access, but often only for a few minutes. Resetting (holding down Home & Power buttons) seems to work longer, but eventually the problem comes back.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and how to make it stop?  Do I need to reinstall webOS? Or is this a known bug?  Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Jim Crutchfield

Long Island City, NY

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

Master's Graduate
speedtouch_1
Message 2 of 75 (513 Views)

Re: TouchPad loses internet connection

Hi, Jim.  Sorry you're having these troubles.  Have you verified you're running the latest version of webOS?  The version you should have is 3.0.2.  You can find the version by tapping the Launcher Arrow, go to the Settings page, then tap on Device Info.  That app will tell you the version you're running.

Student
Graciebarr
Message 3 of 75 (513 Views)

I have the same problem. It loses internet connection and I have to restart my wifi router. My PC and laptop lose internet connection too after HP touchapad loses internet connection.

Thanks.

Student
pauldoug_1
Message 4 of 75 (513 Views)

l too am having internet connectivity issues. I have restarted my touchpad several times, and always get connectivity back, but tends to go away again. I am at version  3.02 overall performance is better with the update, but I wondering the connectivity issue is due to the update.

Student
dcmanryan
Message 5 of 75 (513 Views)

It's not the update. I'm on 3.00 (because the stupid thing will not update) and I to am losing the connection to the internet. The distance the wifi reads is the issue I think. If I have full bars it never loses connection, if I have 2 bars it loses it a lot.

Tutor
Jim_Crutchfield
Message 6 of 75 (513 Views)

speedtouch wrote:

Hi, Jim.  Sorry you're having these troubles.  Have you verified you're running the latest version of webOS?  The version you should have is 3.0.2.  You can find the version by tapping the Launcher Arrow, go to the Settings page, then tap on Device Info.  That app will tell you the version you're running.

Thanks, Rob.  I'm running 3.0.2, and still having the problem.  Sometimes resetting fixes it for several hours, sometimes only for a couple of minutes.  It's very frustrating.

I tried reinstalling webOS, by the way, but it made no difference.

Student
kmlawrence
Message 7 of 75 (513 Views)

I have 2 Touchpads.  One is on 3.0.2 and the other is 3.0.0 (because I cannot connect).

When I had the 1st one, I had no issue with connectivity until it did it's upgrade to 3.0.2.  Now both of them keep saying "no internet connection" - even though I have bars showing.

I cannot load anything including the "HELP" menu.

Any ideas?  My HP laptop is not having any issues with connectivity.

Intern
jflores_1
Message 8 of 75 (513 Views)

From time to time, I'm having this kind of problem too.  It's not my network because my other PCs are working perfectly.  It's not even the OS as I have the latest version.  So far I haven't seen any solution as to this case.  I even reset my network at home and this problem with my HP Touchpad won't go.  This problem is intermittent.  Any final say/comments from our other readers having the same problem or to those in the community who were able to solve this problem?  We look forward to hearing from you soon.  Thanks guys!

Tutor
chiente
Message 9 of 75 (513 Views)

Re: TiuchPad loses internet connection

There is another post on the forum that advises using AES rather than TKIP for encryption. I made this change and things are a lot more stable. Also recommend logging into your router and if you use DHCP to assign your network devices an IP address (most cable companies modems do), then reserve a specific IP address for your TP. I did this and it may have been another factor in why the connection  is now more stable. 

Intern
jflores_1
Message 10 of 75 (513 Views)

Re: TiuchPad loses internet connection

Thanks for that advice :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation