Question

Teacher
shacker2762
Message 1 of 9 (284 Views)
Accepted Solution

Touchpad has completely frozen

I hope you guys can help.  My HP touchpad has simply frozen up.  No responses from any key presses.  The Home button is flashing, indicating i have messages.  But when i hit the power button - NOTHING.  When i hold it down for 30 seconds - NOTHING.  When I plug it into a USB port - NOTHING.

Since there's no battery pull option, how do i reset this thing?

Post relates to: Pre p100eww (Sprint)

Teacher
shacker2762
Message 2 of 9 (284 Views)

Re: Touchpad has completely frozen

Nevermind... Hold down POWER and the CENTER BUTTON at the same time for about 20 seconds. That reset it.

Man, I hate seeing these issues with WebOS... >:-(
Honor Student
mcompeau
Message 3 of 9 (284 Views)

Sadly, I've had to do this about 5 times in two weeks. (sniff, sniff)... sure am waitin' for that OS update...

Student
sammyc_1
Message 4 of 9 (284 Views)

Touchpad has completely frozen - Me Too

My Touchpad 16GB froze today.  Blinking Home light, no response to pressing home or power button.  Had to hard reset (Home + Power Button) and restart.  Quite annoying.. hope the WebOS 3.0.2 fixes this problem.

Top Student
kcinva
Message 5 of 9 (284 Views)

Re: Touchpad has completely frozen - Me Too

I've seen this happen a few times as well... but for me it only happens during the Lord of the Rings Defense game.  So, I'm inclined to think it's the game's fault and now WebOS.  What were you doing when your TP froze?  Would be helpful to note that detail here I'm sure.

Top Student
Jamok
Message 6 of 9 (284 Views)

Re: Touchpad has completely frozen - Me Too

i've only had my touchpad for 4 days, but i've experienced the same problem 4 times now. It's very annoying....

Student
Asclepias
Message 7 of 9 (284 Views)

Thank you for that lesson in Reset. Mine froze up 10 minutes after using it for the first time out of the box. So, thank you for posting the solution.

Student
narayanl
Message 8 of 9 (284 Views)

Thanks.

But is this a more persistent issue among most touchpads? I have web os 3.0.4 on my touchpad. Any idea if there are some updates from HP that will fix this issue for good?

Student
Yorgie_Bubba
Message 9 of 9 (284 Views)

I've had my Touchpad for a little while (since the initial $99 sale), and suffer this problem constantly on 3.0.2.  I put it away until recently, and installed 3.0.4 hoping the crashing would go away.

I don't know what the pattern is, but after using my Touchpad for about 10-15 minutes it crashes/resets, and continues to do so until I shut it off and turn it on again.  The crashing/reset occurs even when sitting on the home screen.

Used WebOS Doctor to reinstall 3.0.4 hoping this would fix the problem, but it still happens.  I'm searching the support forums to learn how many other people are having this problem, and how to fix it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation