Question

Student
ee9clh
Message 1 of 23 (1,628 Views)

app catalog download failed, not enough storage to download after updated to 3.0.4

hi,

I am getting the above  message after updating the touchpad 32G to 3.0.4. There are over 10GB space left on the device. Has anyone else got the same error message when downloading an app from the catalog?

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

Student
isis_1
Message 2 of 23 (1,627 Views)

Re: app catalog download failed, not enough storage to download after updated to 3.0.4

I am getting the same error message-plenty of free space.

Even getting error when attempting to update installed apps.

Removed all patches prior to install of update.

Have not observed any other problems so far.

We need others to reply to this thread so that we can open a ticket with HP and get attention.

Only other alternative is to doctor to 3.0.2 and then upgrade back to 3.0.4

others are having same problem

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/304032-not-enough-space-download-after-3-0-4-a.html

uk1 Honor Student
Honor Student
uk1
Message 3 of 23 (1,627 Views)

Re: app catalog download failed, not enough storage to download after updated to 3.0.4

Me to.

I have a 64gb with 27gb spare.

Honor Student
mdwy62
Message 4 of 23 (1,627 Views)

I don't get the message about storage, but I am able neither to download files, nor update apps. I have 23GB free according to Device Information.

Intern
lebem
Message 5 of 23 (1,627 Views)

I've started getting this message as well. It is becoming extremely frustrating. All indications other than this error message are that I have plenty of space available This is clearly some kind of glitch, but I really don't want to have to doctor my Touchpad to try and remedy the problem.
Master's Graduate
Ridius
Message 6 of 23 (1,628 Views)

If you are receiving this message, please make sure you are on the LATEST version of webOS for the TouchPad. That is 3.0.5, not 3.0.4.
Intern
lebem
Message 7 of 23 (1,627 Views)

I've been running 3.05 since it came out, so that's not the problem. Even tried wiping the USB drive. Didn't think that would work, it didn't. Have tried removing some apps. That didn't solve the problem either.
Professor
HardBeatZ_1
Message 8 of 23 (1,627 Views)

So the storage space that the device only shows what is available for you to actually install or store data to. It doesn't include directories that are pre set aside with file caps that you won't know how much data is in there.

The likely cause of the issue is that either your downloadhistory.db is large and/or your /var/file-cache filesystem or /var is full.

So to rectify, you have to options. 

1. Preware - you can get a patch to view the file structure and check to see if the offending directories or files are full. You can also dabble in using linux commands to navigate through there as well. (all at your own risk).

2. Full erase the device which will inevitably wipe those offending directories clean and give you a clean slate to run off of for a while.

Honor Student
emcclem
Message 9 of 23 (1,627 Views)

on 3.0.5 and just experiencing the same problem...any detailed guidance on how to resolve this?? I'd prefer to not have to resort to a full erase if possible.

Intern
lebem
Message 10 of 23 (1,629 Views)

I can talk you through what worked for me, (removing the download history db). First, how comfortable are you with homebrew, ie. Do you already have webOS QuickInstall on your computer or Preware on your Touchpad?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation