Question

Top Student
mrtweaver
Message 1 of 7 (9,111 Views)

can hp touchpad run windows 8

Currently my touchpad is running WEBOS and has another boot set up of an android software, dont recall the name right off the top of my head. But there has been several things that I found in google and you tube that says most tablets can run windows 8 since it now has ARM processor support.

So how do I know if my HP Touchpad tablet can run windows 8?

And is there a stuid users guide on how to install it?

Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 2 of 7 (9,097 Views)

Re: can hp touchpad run windows 8

[ Edited ]

I don't think it's possible, or we would have seen it by now.

_______
smkranz
I am a volunteer, and not an HP employee.
Palm OS ∙ webOS ∙ Android
Top Student
mrtweaver
Message 3 of 7 (9,022 Views)

Re: can hp touchpad run windows 8 Or Linux

Ok any other thoughts on if the Touchpad can run windows 8?

How about any thoughts on if the touchpad can run Ubuntu? I was recently on their web site and they were talking of a table version of software. It like windows 8 but it is Linux.

I do know from other searches that this table will operate with Cyanogenmod but I think it is limited to like version 9 and earlier.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 4 of 7 (9,016 Views)

mrtweaver wrote:

Ok any other thoughts on if the Touchpad can run windows 8?

How about any thoughts on if the touchpad can run Ubuntu? I was recently on their web site and they were talking of a table version of software. It like windows 8 but it is Linux.

I do know from other searches that this table will operate with Cyanogenmod but I think it is limited to like version 9 and earlier.

CyanogenMod has both CM9 (Android ICS) and CM10 (Android Jelly Bean) available for the TouchPad.  I have CM9 on one of mine, and it's made the device a "contender" with anything out there!   :smileyhappy:

There are many posts and videos with "How to" instructions available on the net.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 5 of 7 (9,013 Views)

mrtweaver wrote:

One of my TouchPads runs CM10.  It is rock solid and smooth as a baby's behind.  There are various builds available, the one i use is from jcsullins.  No official support from HP, and do it at your own risk, but here's the goods.  Enjoy!

_______
smkranz
Student
governor1
Message 6 of 7 (4,480 Views)

HP doesn't  seem to care that there product, that thousands of people have bought, we hope that Microsoft will at least show some loyalty to the public that has been loyal to you from windows 1 ,and find a way to let us be Able to use win 8

Thank you

Distinguished Professor
smkranz
Message 7 of 7 (4,473 Views)

If it was possible to load Windows 8 onto the TouchPad and have it run successfully, someone would have done it by now. It has nothing to do with HP "caring" about its products or its customers.  The device was built for an operating system which HP abandoned by the previous CEO and sold off.  If you want a Windows 8 tablet, that's what you should buy.

_______
smkranz
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation