google play force close on open (301 Views)
Honor Student
Rockafied
Message 1 of 3 (301 Views)

google play force close on open

I just got a slightly used HP touch pad and on setup realized that I needed to use Google play to download apps, after setting up my Google account and singing in insuring wifi access ......Google play opens says "server error retry" and force closes the program. Since then I have done some research factory reset the tablet, installed latest updates, force closed through app settings and erased all info for Google play reset the I connection rebooted several times, and made sure time date and location were correct. I am still experiencing the same problem with the app. If anybody has any ideas that might help me it would be highly appreciated :-)
Dean
WyreNut
Message 2 of 3 (284 Views)

Re: google play force close on open

Hello Rockafied!

The HP TouchPad comes with webOS installed as its operating system.   Yours has been modified to add Android to it, and as such we don't officially support this type of change to the device.

That said, there is an app existing called "gapps_fixer.zip" existing in the wild.  This may or may not solve your problem.

If you are unfamiliar with hacking this device, or how CM9 or CM10 was installed on it, it may require some research on your part to learn how to fix the issue.  Visit the "Android on the TouchPad" section of webosnation.com for some insight.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
Rockafied
Message 3 of 3 (278 Views)

Re: google play force close on open

thank you for the info i will try the fixer 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation