Question

Student
jasminepetra08
Message 1 of 5 (5,514 Views)

how to restore back to factory settings

i just purchased an hp tablet today from someone and i need to know how to restore it, they lost the manual and i have no idea how to get their old stuff off..

Post relates to: HP TouchPad (WiFi)

Master's Graduate
speedtouch_1
Message 2 of 5 (5,514 Views)

Re: how to restore back to factory settings

To reset the TouchPad to factory defaults, hold the Power, Center, and Volume Up buttons at the same time.  Release once the TouchPad starts the secure erase.

Top Student
redwing_1
Message 3 of 5 (5,514 Views)

I also need to do that and trying the three button power reset does nothing but turn the stupid thing off...

Honor Student
Miky_miky
Message 4 of 5 (4,818 Views)

i did the three bottons together then my tablet wouldnt start ! 

what's wrong ?

Student
baloney12
Message 5 of 5 (4,746 Views)

Just did the 3 button reset and it said to hold it for 6 six seconds to perform the full erase.  It restarted and the screen was blank except the blinking HP logo in the center of the screen.  This will sit in that mode for about 3 minutes and you will see the default view which asks you what language you want to set up the tablet in.

I pressed/held the power button first, then press/held the volume button next, and finally pressed/held the center button until the prompt came up.  My mistake the first few times of see this was releasing the button to see what the message was and had to start all over again.  Needless to say, keep your fingers on the buttons until it reboots.

I hope this helps others.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation