Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I need help getting into my hp touchpad webos because I forgot the password
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Try Power button - Volume UP - center button...

I saw the "Full erase" screen then panicked! (Didn't want to erase it!)

WyreNut
-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

You will need to full erase the device. This will erase all data on the device.  Then you will be able to log back into your webOS account and your applications will be restored.

Here are the steps for the full erase:

Press and hold the power button + volume down + Center and continue holding for 5 seconds after the Full Erase screen appears.

Good luck, please let us know if this helps.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended

I tried this, but it did not work.  Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Please let us know exactly what didn't work.  Were you not able to perform the Full Erase?

_____
HP Recommended

Hi smkranz,

holding power button + volume down + Center doesn't bring up the Erase Screen. It just reboots as usual. 

Tried many times holding up all three buttons together but no hope. 

Any other suggestions? 

Regards, 

jktommy

HP Recommended

Hmmm, I'm not getting it to work, either.  Perhaps try going into the webOS account and performing a remote wipe on a PC from this site:

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/console/pages/LoginPage.iface

then log back into the device using your webOS account.

_____
HP Recommended

WyreNut
-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

@WyreNut wrote:

WyreNut

I saw that in another thread, tried that combination as well, and it did nothing on my TouchPad except to restart it.

_____
HP Recommended
Thumbs up. It worked for me. Thx much Wyrenut.

Just after pressing the keys together, It says continue holding up for 5 sec and it does the job like champ. Done!
HP Recommended

I think the key step that's been left out of the replies (because I've just spent about four hours trying to unlock my device after I realized I didn't remember the password) is that you press the buttons IN SEQUENCE and then hold----you don't try and press them all at once.  Mine took the "power, volume up, then home" sequence, but I only discovered it after I tried it about a hundred times pressing them all at once 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.