hp tablet not charging

just purhased this tablet...not charging right out of the box any suggestions

Provost
WyreNut
Message 2 of 5 (641 Views)

Re: hp tablet not charging

DavidR123 wrote:

just purhased this tablet...not charging right out of the box any suggestions

As mentioned many times in this Forum, the USB cable supplied is flimsy, and some are bad right out of the box.  (I received one myself).

Locate another micro-USB cable and try charging again for an hour or so.  Be sure to use the supplied charging transformer - the TouchPad cannot use a charger that supplies less than 2,000 mA.

Also, check the charger itself.  The prongs are interchangeable with international ones, and must be rotated into place to work correctly.  If slightly askew, they won't make a connection.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
shakerdog1
Message 3 of 5 (624 Views)

I have same problem.  Tried all combinations of keys, 3 different cables, two different plugs(all cables and both plugs work on other touchpad)3 different batteries, rc charging batteries.  The best I can get is the battery with question mark after rc charging a battery.  Could it be the micro usb connector or usb board ?  Is there a known cause of this that hp knows of???  Can anyone help with solutions???

Provost
WyreNut
Message 4 of 5 (609 Views)

shakerdog1 wrote:

I have same problem.  Tried all combinations of keys, 3 different cables, two different plugs(all cables and both plugs work on other touchpad)3 different batteries, rc charging batteries.  The best I can get is the battery with question mark after rc charging a battery.  Could it be the micro usb connector or usb board ?  Is there a known cause of this that hp knows of???  Can anyone help with solutions???

From this side of your screen, we can only guess what the problem might be.

Another website has users that used cellphone chargers (smaller charge ability than normal) that when attached for a few hours, managed to "wake up" their touchpads.

We are volunteers here offering what we know.  :/

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
shakerdog1
Message 5 of 5 (603 Views)

Actually I tried that as well.  I bought a phone charger with micro usb connector.  Did not do anything.  Even left overnight.  Also left connected to pc overnight for low voltage charge.  This unit just does not seem to want to come back except for battery question manrk

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation