Question

Student
Kitkat1336
Message 1 of 23 (14,957 Views)

hp tablet wont install apps

I recieved a hp tablet (not android, webos)  a few days ago that my boyfriend bought off of ebay. Everything works fine except installing apps. When I try to install an app, it says installation failed and its for all apps bought or free.  We have no idea what to do so can someone please help.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 2 of 23 (14,948 Views)

Re: hp tablet wont install apps

Hello Kitkat1336, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP recently provided an update for the App Catalog for all webOS devices.  Without the update, downloads will not be possible.

Please see This Thread for instructions.

Since you missed the July 23 deadline, you will have to trick the TouchPad by setting the date back to July 1st, then attempt to locate the Update in the App Catalog.

Please let us know if this solves the issue.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
DonnaJM
Message 3 of 23 (14,937 Views)

I thought the end date was July 30th for the download and now I tried to update the APP CATALOG and now it failed and so therefore I no longer have it so I can proceed with the steps after JULY 23rd.

How do I recover and download the APP CATALOG? WHat is the URL? WHen I select it can not find the URL.

Help please.   otherwise my touchpad is useless.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 4 of 23 (14,929 Views)

Hello DonnaJM, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Did you follow the directions in the link I provided in the post previous to yours?  

There is no URL for the download.  You have to set the date on your TouchPad to prior to the expiration date.

WyreNut

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Honor Student
DonnaJM
Message 5 of 23 (14,926 Views)

Re: hp tablet wont install apps - Touchpad will not power up

Guess what? After I powered it down and rebooted with Date set to July 1, 2013, it installed all of the correct appiications for HP APP CATALOG Successfully for my 2nd HP TOUCHPAD.

My first HP TOUCHPAD - it will not power up at no matter how long I connected the power to recharge the battery. What do you do in a situation like this? How do I get my HP Touchpad working again? I need it to power up so I can download the HP APP CATALOG.

Thanks in Advance for you help.

Provost
WyreNut
Message 6 of 23 (14,922 Views)

Re: hp tablet wont install apps - Touchpad will not power up

DonnaJM wrote:

Guess what? After I powered it down and rebooted with Date set to July 1, 2013, it installed all of the correct appiications for HP APP CATALOG Successfully for my 2nd HP TOUCHPAD.

My first HP TOUCHPAD - it will not power up at no matter how long I connected the power to recharge the battery. What do you do in a situation like this? How do I get my HP Touchpad working again? I need it to power up so I can download the HP APP CATALOG.

Thanks in Advance for you help.

There are several other threads already discussing this topic, but they all say the same things:

--Check your charger.  Many of the USB cables supplied by HP were fragile, and break easily.  Try another micro-USB cable with a charger that supplies 2 amps (2,000mA).  If using an HP charger, check the prongs on the transformer - they are removable, and if twisted out of position no current will flow.

--Try all the resets - simple (hold both the power and center button for 15 - 20 seconds until the HP logo appears).   Advanced (press and hold the power, center, and volume down together until logo appears.  May give the option to completely erase the unit!)

--Use a TouchStone to charge the device if you suspect the female charging port on the TouchPad has been damaged.  

--As a last resort, try using the "tpdebrick-v004" program.  This is a difficult, but doable re-flash of the device using a computer running Ubuntu, and a program from this link.  I revived one of my touchpads using this method, but it lasted for only a month or so before finally giving up.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/38786-tpdebrick-v004/

WyreNut

Honor Student
MAB555
Message 7 of 23 (14,805 Views)

how can I re- install when the App Catalog update does not work properly      

Provost
WyreNut
Message 8 of 23 (14,792 Views)

MAB555 wrote:

how can I re- install when the App Catalog update does not work properly      

Did you follow the "missed the deadline” directions in the thread I linked to?

Change the date in the device to before July 23rd, 2013.  Turn off "Network Time" if using a phone.

Open the App Cat app and search for the word "update".  When located, tap the Free button, the Launch button when done downloading.

If the above does not work, change the date and reboot the device, then try again.

WyreNut

Honor Student
MAB555
Message 9 of 23 (14,776 Views)

thanks for your reply. I tried on 2 different Touchpads and failed. Even when I change the date, reset and start, it does not work. unfortunately the WebOS App Catalog says that it failed. I managed to check App updates but still receive the error message. Any idea how to work around?

Honor Student
wisky1
Message 10 of 23 (14,350 Views)

I have the same problem webos was updated to 3.05 and the apps still do not install. says install failed no matter what i do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation