Question
my hp touchpad will not turn on
Replies (115)

Intern
Rapol
Message 21 of 116 (48,621 Views)

Re: my hp touchpad will not turn on

Try these one last time:
1 plugin another device to the hp charger, say a cel. Check if it charges.
2 have u tried the 3 button reboot? See previous comments, power+vol up+back keys combo. 20 secs.

Btw just curious, what were u doing be4 it died?
Top Student
manokcs89
Message 22 of 116 (48,616 Views)

"Try these one last time:
1 plugin another device to the hp charger, say a cel. Check if it charges.
2 have u tried the 3 button reboot? See previous comments, power+vol up+back keys combo. 20 secs.

Btw just curious, what were u doing be4 it died?"

I used the HP charger and it warmed up like usual the first couple of hours.  I also used another charger (from a bluetooth headset)  that works to charge the TP.  I also left the TP plugged to the USB port of my PC.

I tried pushing the buttons numerous times, but the TP is still not powering on.

The TP was just sitting overnight, with about 25% charge. It was NOT on airplane mode.  It likely drained the battery overnight.

*sigh*

Intern
Rapol
Message 23 of 116 (48,585 Views)

Well sorry i can't help u no more. An option: put it on ebay and sell it for spare parts. Screens and frames brakes constantly. Im pretty sure u will get some $ back from your investment at least, especially If u bought it at fire sale.:-)
Top Student
manokcs89
Message 24 of 116 (48,563 Views)

Well sorry i can't help u no more. An option: put it on ebay and sell it for spare parts. Screens and frames brakes constantly. Im pretty sure u will get some $ back from your investment at least, especially If u bought it at fire sale.:-)

Actually, I called HP/Palm Support.  After going through diagnosing the problem and determined that it must be a hardware issue, HP is taking it back for repairs.  If it cannot be repaired, a replacement will be issues.  It was actually a phone call that was easy and close to painless!  No waiting, and rep was easy to work with.
Honor Student
slimjim30215
Message 25 of 116 (48,514 Views)

I have read through all of the posts, tried the recommendations, but my TouchPad still won't turn on.  All I see is a white blinking light (blinks left / blinks right) on the button that is at the bottom of the screen, just above where the cord plugs in.  Any ideas?

Student
tkmatta
Message 26 of 116 (47,977 Views)

I have tried all the above suggestions but it doesnt turn on. :smileysad: Please help

Student
pkumarve
Message 27 of 116 (47,816 Views)

Worked for mee too..Thanks

Top Student
manokcs89
Message 28 of 116 (47,814 Views)

I got my TP back....well, actually a refurb one.  I don't think HP repaired (or will repair) the broken one that I sent.

So, I'm back!

Student
LonghornFan
Message 29 of 116 (47,073 Views)

My Touchpad died.  I have tried different chargers and USB cables. I have tried booting it up holding different key sequences (power - volume up - home buttons).   All without any luck.   So I went to the HP website for the Touchpad and chatted with a tech.   They ended up issuing a repair ticket - no fuss no muss.   Looking forward to gettting a refurb replacement in a week or so.

Student
full-time
Message 30 of 116 (46,157 Views)

I tried to hold the silver button at top and the black button, several times, but it does not work.

could you give me another advice?

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation