Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I currently have an Intel Core i7 8550U processor in my laptop. I would like to replace the processor with a more efficient one. As I understand it, I must first of all take into account the type of socket supported by my motherboard? Core i7 8550U has an FCBGA1356 socket. So I can only install processors with this socket in my laptop?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello.

Mobile processors have not been socket in many years. The CPU is soldered into the system board and cannot be replaced.

Only way to change CPU would be to replace the whole system board. Probook 470 G5 was available with i3-7100U,  i5-8250U and i7-8550U. All are 15W parts, so you already have the most efficient CPU model.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.