Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Remote Graphics Software

Remote Clipboard is not working, and it can not copy & paste from the remote to local

When I try to copy files from remote desktop to my local machine it does not happen, what happens is whatever I copied early in my local machine gets pasted again and again even though I copy from Remote Desktop. Can Anyone help with this?

I am using

HP Remote Graphics Receiver

Version: 7.7.0.20876

Build Date: Sep 6 2019

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In the Remote Desktop Connection menu window, click on Show Options, select Local Resources tab, and make sure Clipboard is selected.
Then click on More... and select other resources you want to share with the remote desktop.

All that, assuming the remote desktop itself is not under a restraining policy that prevents copying data.

HP Recommended

I now noticed you are using RGS, so in that case look at the HP Remote Graphics Software 7.7 User Guide (URL:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06460511.pdf

on page 7, it says that during installing RGS:

On the Remote Clipboard Configuration page, select whether you want the Remote Clipboard feature installed, and then select Next.

NOTE: This setting controls whether Remote Clipboard components are installed. To change this setting after installation, you must uninstall and reinstall RGS Receiver. If installed, Remote Clipboard can be disabled (and re-enabled) later using RGS Receiver or the RGS Receiver Configuration tool.

Personally I have not used RGS, and the Windows Remote Desktop Connection feature is sufficient for most uses.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.