Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi i am trying to install win 11 using rufus on a hp elitebook 8730w,the win 11 iso is made for a gpt disk,my hard disk is a gpt disk, But when trying to install with my usb stick containing the rufus made iso,i get an error saying it can only be installed on an uefi disk,i have the uefi option enabled in my bios but still the error,i have dissabled uefi in the bios and also made the iso with rufus 4.4 but error then says it can only go on a uefi partition not mbr,neither way work,i have the latest rom bios on my pc,is there a disklock or something hidded in the bios,it seems to have a lot of security settings!,can any one help,i am pulling my hair out,i know its possible as its been installed and running from this lappy before using rufus 4.4 and my 14gb usb stick. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.