Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
macOS 12.0 Monterey

I can't push the paper tray in all the way because there is a piece of paper caught underneath and behind the printer. Is there a way to open the printer from the back? I've tried YouTube but couldn't find anything.

The paper doesn't show up on the inside of the printer so the only way I'd be able to fix the problem would be to go at it from behind.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @wishIknew4,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If there's a piece of paper stuck underneath and behind your HP printer, you might be able to access it by opening the rear door or rear access panel of the printer. Here's a general guide on how to do this, but keep in mind that the specific steps may vary depending on your printer model.

• Turn off the printer: Before attempting to clear the paper jam, it's important to turn off the printer to prevent any potential damage or injury.
  • Locate the rear door or access panel: Look for a door or panel at the back of your printer. It might be labeled as "rear door" or "rear access panel."
  • Open the rear door or access panel: Depending on your printer model, you may need to press a button or release a latch to open the rear door or access panel. Once opened, you should have access to the area where the paper jam is located.
  • Remove the paper: Carefully remove any pieces of paper or debris that are stuck in the rear of the printer. You may need to use tweezers or a flashlight to help you see and remove the paper.
  • Close the rear door or access panel: Once you've cleared the paper jam, close the rear door or access panel securely.
  • Turn on the printer: After ensuring that all paper jams have been cleared and the rear door or access panel is closed properly, you can turn the printer back on and try printing again.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Without a model number you are only going to get generic suggestions. Different printers have different access points. Please post back

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.