Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer

After searching the community, and finding 3 people with the same model having the same printer ink carriage stuck issue with new printer, but sadly no solution. I doubt I will find a solution. Off to YouTube here we go... :⁠-⁠(

Sadly cannot find the service manual, and as a former HP factory service tech it's sad.

I can't see where the latch would be to release the ink carriage. Here's some pictures of disassembly and removed print-head showing it's never been used.

I have thoroughly inspected for any debris or particles anywhere in the unit, especially in the sensor areas.

The printer has never been used as from day one, it's had paper jam but it's actually the ink carriage / tray never moving.

20240520_191147.jpg

1. Top down 0°   2. Front 45°

3. Front ~90°   4. Print Head

The answer is only as good as the question.
We have two ears and one mouth, so let's read the question twice before we respond.
We could remain silent and be assumed stupid or open our mouth and remove all doubt. (⁠^⁠^⁠)
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Glenn_8D,

Welcome to the HP support community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.  

Please help us with the Printer serial number or the product number on a private message for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_2039298-1862169-16

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Could you elaborate on the issue for better understanding?

Rachel571 

HP Support 

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, Sorry I've been busy working and this is a volunteer project.

I have not resolved the problem.

I don't know what else to tell you about the problem.

Allow me to recap:

New Printer > power on > printer does start up operations but the ink carriage never moves. (Ink cartridges have never been installed) > Printer displays "Paper Jam", but has never had paper thru it. -_-

As previously stated, I searched for any objects or debris: tape, cardboard, any particles.

WHAT IS THE MECHANISM BY WHICH THE Ink Cartridge TRAY IS unlocked, ALLOWED TO MOVE?

The previous 9010 model needed the ink cleaning pad tray (white sponge like rectangle) moved towards the back of the printer and then the Ink Cartridge Tray is unlocked / freed to move manually.

I cannot get that ink cleaning pad tray to move.

BTW: Inspection of the gears all look good and I can spin them in one direction but not the other.

Please refer to previous posted picture for reference.

The answer is only as good as the question.
We have two ears and one mouth, so let's read the question twice before we respond.
We could remain silent and be assumed stupid or open our mouth and remove all doubt. (⁠^⁠^⁠)
HP Recommended

Hi @Glenn_8D ,

We are sorry that the issue is not resolved when the above troubleshooting steps were performed.

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.