Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 11 (1,581 Views)

3D Automatic Turntable Pro cannot connect

[ Edited ]
Product Name: turntable
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

i just recieved my new David SLS 3 scanner and my Automatic Turntable.

The problem is, that HP 3D Scan Pro 5.1 cannot connect to the turntable.

No matter what i do.

The Led on the turntable lights up red as soon as i connect it to USB

See attached picture for more information on Hardware and Error Messages.

What should i do?

Unbenannt.png

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 11 (1,560 Views)

Re: 3D Automatic Turntable Pro cannot connect

Solution:

Download latest DAVID 4 software.

In Installation only install TT-1 Turntable driver.

Smiley Happy

Honor Student
Message 3 of 11 (614 Views)

New HP 3D Scan Pro V5 user here, running  version 5.2.1.1073,  just received the HP-branded turntable today. It's labelled on the bottom as a David HP-TT-1-BLACK.    No matter what I do I have a solid red LED on the side of the turntable and am getting the 'Could not establish connection to turntable, reconnect turntable hardware and enable turntable plugin' error .  Burned about 2 hours playing with all the settings, the advanced menu, restarts, etc.  Any suggestions out there?  Thanks in advance for any help!

Intern
Message 4 of 11 (602 Views)

I'm a new user as well.

If you haven't already, I would try connecting the turntable to different USB ports.

I just setup my scanner (with turntable) in the last couple of days and (thankfully) I haven't this problem.  My camera didn't seem to like one of my USB ports so I moved it to another and it has been working fine.

Good luck!

Mike

Grad Student
Message 5 of 11 (578 Views)

Turntable have to be connected to the computer with USB cable and also to power outlet with the power adapter. Check device manager to see if the turntable is recognized by computer. Newer models will be listed under LPT & COM as HP 3D turntable, older one as DAVID-TT. If device is not recognized please reinstall the drivers. You can reinstall the HP 3D scanning software or download V4 installation and select TT driver. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-3d-structured-light-scanner/14169438

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
Honor Student
Message 6 of 11 (532 Views)

Thank you drndadoo-  I uninstalled version 5.2.1, installed the David V4 software, which correctly installed the turntable, then upgraded back to 5.1.X, then 5.2.1, everything works now. 

Honor Student
Message 7 of 11 (296 Views)

Hi all,

I try to install a scanner "David", bought as HP 3D SLS Pro S2.

The manual implies that installing the software "HP 3D Scan Pro 5.3.0" also install the USB drivers, but it is not the case on my computer.

I had to manually install the driver for the camera,  found here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-3d-structured-light-scanner/14169438,

and now I cannot find the driver for the turnTable.

I plugged on different USB ports, I re-installed the HP 3D scan software, I searched for this turntable driver on the web, on HP support, or in Google with "David" name ... I got nothing. The Turn Table USB device is never recognised by the computer, and thus I canot connect it in the scanning environment.

Can someone help please ?

Philippe.

Grad Student
Message 8 of 11 (280 Views)

Try to reinstall software as administrator or start installation of the software V4 and select turntable driver:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-3d-structured-light-scanner/14169438

I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 9 of 11 (269 Views)

Thanks, when installing software David version 4 we can find TT driver .

Finally the problem is that HP should update :

- either the software installer to include the installation of the drivers (both for camera and turntable!!),

- or update the memory stick that is provided when we by the 3D scanner, with drivers software,

- or at least update the manual that lets the user imagine that averything should work by just plugging the devices on USB ports. --> let us know where we should donwload the drivers.

Best regards.

Phil.

Grad Student
Message 10 of 11 (258 Views)

Hey Phil,

it usually works when you install the software. What happend in your case it is hard to say. Installing drivers from the version 4 is workaround, it is not normal process. When yuo install HP 3D Scanning software you will automatically get updates if there are any. I´m glad it works now and if you need any other help this community will try to help.

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation