Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bugs with the new version of HP Scan 5

HP 3D Scan 5.5
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The newer version of the HP 3D Scan Software (5.5) has a bug with the David Laser SLS-3. It freezes the screen after the first scan. You have to shutdown the camera and turn it back on to do another scan, it's unproductive. so I had to re-install the latest version (5.3) to keep working with the software.

5 REPLIES
mr_cg Tutor
Tutor
15 1 1
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I realize the same issue also with latest HP 3d Scan v5.5.1.

I am also using the HP S3 camera. The issue happens quite often and is making reliable and productive scanning with HP automatic turntable almost impossible. Please urgently fix this issue.

Beside this i have also realized that in dual mode it happens sporadically that calibration from one camera is getting lost resulting in unusable scans.

0 Kudos
Tim-S Tutor
Tutor
7 1 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 

I understand that you're having some problems with the cameras on the latest version of HP 3D Scan pro.  From what I can gather the latest versions 5.5.0, and 5.5.1 are having problems grabbing frames from the cameras.  

Sometimes on certain systems the computer's USB ports are not capable of providing enough power to the cameras, and as a result the camera may experience frame drops and/or camera dropouts.  In these cases the software may stop mid-scan and require the user to press the cancel button and toggle the camera off then on.  Typically situations like this can be solved by plugging the camera into an externally powered USB hub.

That would not necessarily explain why an older version of the software works, however.  In order to help the Software team look into the problem it would be helpful to know if you are successful at scanning using version 5.3.0 and version 5.4.0 of the software.

0 Kudos
Martin_ctl Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have exact the same Problem, First Scan works. During the second scan both cameras freezing and noting happens.
I can not get any result.

I work with Windows 10, Intel I7- 7820X, NVIDIS Quadro P2000. It should not be the performance of the PC.

0 Kudos
Tim-S Tutor
Tutor
7 1 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Martin_ctl

Thanks for the feedback - I'll take it to the team so that they can investigate it. 

Out of curiosity have you tried plugging the cameras into an externally powered usb hub?   Often times when cameras freeze or behave strangely is is because the computer isn't providing enough power to the cameras over their USB connection.  By plugging the cameras into an externally powered hub the  USB bus on the computer does not have to provide the power to the cameras and this tends to clear up many of these issues. 

Note that sometimes the best and most powerful computers are still not able to provide enough power to the cameras.  If the motherboard has more than two USB3 ports another suggestion would be to try plugging the cameras into different combinations of the ports and see if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
Tornado220M Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like you have been forgotten about by "the team" did you get it fixed ?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation