Top Student
Message 11 of 15 (656 Views)

Re: Calibration Fails

What is a positive calibration panel?

Thanks, C.

Intern
Message 12 of 15 (649 Views)

Positive corner: outer edge of each panel is closer to camera then then joint line between the panels, which is further away.

Negative corner: the opposite, the joint line is closer to camera.

Where you able to calibrate?
Top Student
Message 13 of 15 (644 Views)

Okay, thanks. I have only been using the positive calibration.

I have not been successful at calibrating yet. I tried turning off OptimizeMultiCameracalibration and ensuring the central vertical line is in the center of the camera. Any more ideas? Should I do a phone call?

Top Student
Message 14 of 15 (625 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your help here. I opened a case so I can get some real-time assistance on this. If anything jumps to mind that I should try out with the scanner please post it and I will continue to troubleshoot until the support call.

Highlighted
Intern
Message 15 of 15 (591 Views)

I have found the calibration procedure in David 5 to be much more sensitive , and therefore more prone to failure, than the one in David 4. I have also found that I do better calibrating David 5 with the negative calibration set up despite the short comings of such a set up. Try reducing the angle of the camera with respect to the projector. so that the camera has a better view of both sets of circles (all6).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation