cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can the SLS-2/3 scan something this small.

HP Recommended
STRUCTURED LIGHT SCANNER SLS-2/3

How small can the STRUCTURED LIGHT SCANNER SLS-2/3 scan?  It was suggested to me that the SLS 2/3 which was capable of capturing arrowheads in amazing detail should be able to accomplish what I'm looking for but I'd like feedback before hauling out and buying one. 

Goal: 
I'm to scan in a large collection of miniatures that are no longer in production have been discontinued. I need detailed scans of them in both fully assembled (unpainted) and then un-assembled (unpainted) so I can then touch up the post-scan and then 3d print them.  

Larger 60mm sized, painted
Smaller 30mm sized, unpainted

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes and no?.

I scanned objects in that size range years ago (I have´nt done much scanning with DAVID since then)

http://forum.david-3d.com/download/file.php?id=7429&mode=view

I had to modify my hardware and make custom built calibration targets to scan small objects - I´m not that  familiar with

the "new" hardware...but with my modified hardware i was able to scan the most minute details. Anyway, in theory you should be able to do it. Just make sure your calibration is perfect and don´t rush it. Take your time.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation