Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just installed 5.1 on a Windows 10 laptop with an Nvidia k2000m video card and have a display problem. When the laptop is docked it thinks it is attached to 2 1920x1080 monitors. One monitor is the projector (monitor 2) and with extended display on, the black and white bar pattern projects perfectly. The problem is on the other monitor (which is the primary display or display 1 in the control panel). The David console screen fills the window but looks like it is being displayed at 640x480 res. The monitor is set to 1920x1080 in settings and the desktop and other apps display properly. 

Any thoughts?

Imagine this image filling a 25" monitor:

Untitled.jpg

www.3dscanforum.org
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Never mind, I found it. It turns out that there is a custom setting for display scaling that only works with apps that are aware it specifically in windows 10. Turned it off and David is displaying fine. Not sure I like the HP Blue highlights yet though....
www.3dscanforum.org
HP Recommended

Hi, are you using the nvidia control panel?

i had the experience with this chip, that the nvidia driver resets itself each reboot into a custom display mode which causes waves in the scan. i have to reset the setting on win10 and the nvidia controlpanel each time to projectors default...

regards, spark

HP Recommended

I haven't gotten that far with this lap top. I only just got it and have only had the time to use it once for scanning. at that time I accepted the default settings which worked for what I needed to get done. I did open the nVidia control panel once, but didn't get the chance to really tweak. As soon as I do I'll let you know. At first glance the control is not as good as the AMD control on the machine I usually use for scanning.

www.3dscanforum.org
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.