Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (571 Views)

David 5 Pro to HP 3D Scan 5 Pro

Product Name: David SLS
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have a David scanner currently running V5 software at our community Makerspace. It has actually been collecting dust for almost 2 years since it was not completely clear the turntable use required either the purchase of a $1k David turntable, or a $2k upgrade to the Enterprise edition. Getting the funding for the scanner to start was hard enough, and we have had trouble getting the remaining funding to enable turntable use when most board members are of the view, "You are a makerspace, just make your own turntable." I am still trying to get the additional funding, but now I am unsure what I need to put in my funding request again this years with all of the changes.

I have a few questions regarding the newer HP 3D Scan Pro 5 software:

1. Can current David 5 Pro users upgrade to this version? Are there any additional charges? Is my dongle still a requirement(yes, I still have it)?

2. Has the destinction between "Pro" and "Enterprise" disappeared within the new HP software?

3. Are third party (build your own) turntables allowed in the software? (this was previously only an option in the Enterprise version)

4. Are there print files available for the calibration screens so I can put this on some non breakable material? This is a community Makerspace and everyone manhandles everything, so naturally they are broken!

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Message 2 of 2 (555 Views)

Re: David 5 Pro to HP 3D Scan 5 Pro

[ Edited ]

1. Can current David 5 Pro users upgrade to this version? Are there any additional charges? Is my dongle still a requirement(yes, I still have it)?

You will be prompted for upgrade as soon as you start the software and your computer has internet connection. This is an upgrade under the same major version so it is free of charge.

2. Has the destinction between "Pro" and "Enterprise" disappeared within the new HP software?

Yes, some functions are implemented in version 5 Pro (comparison function and simple measurement function), SDK is not.

3. Are third party (build your own) turntables allowed in the software? (this was previously only an option in the Enterprise version)

No.

4. Are there print files available for the calibration screens so I can put this on some non breakable material? 

They should be on the USB stick if not send me your email in private message I will send them to you.

This is a community Makerspace and everyone manhandles everything, so naturally they are broken!

xD

I am an HP Employee

**Views expressed are my own, no one else would say such drivel**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation