Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 5 (807 Views)

David Enhancement Request

Product Name: Hp 3D Scanner

Hi. I've used Hp (David) Scanner for years. Also I've used FlexScan3D too.

At a comparison, I think Hp Scanner need some enhancements to be absolutely better than Flex.

- Marker for alignment: Round circle markers for alignment. it is very important for a professional 3dscanner. I think it is soooo important.

- Calibration method: David (Hp) Calibration Panel is hard to manufacture. Also it is difficult to carry it (specially big calibration panels). maintenance is difficult too. 

But Flexscanner use a simple flat Chessboard for calibration. Its calibration takes longer but I think it is more reliable and accurate. Also Flex calculate Max&Min Object-Camera distance automatically.

- Free Alignment using Portion of Scan: Flex allow user to select a portion of a scan to rough align scans. David users use a similar method; they get a copy of a scan and remove unwanted regions from copy and ...

I hope Hp Can Make this Enhancements for its user. 

Regards.

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 5 (764 Views)

Re: David Enhancement Request

While I agree I'd like something simpler than the calibration corner (by simpler I mean something that doesn't need to be as exacting) the David calibration is much simpler and faster than the HDi. I've used a bunch of other scanners and I  see what David did by making the calibration the way they did. I also agree that calibration in David needs to be a bit more robust. Hopefully when they get the OptomizedualCamera setting working (it still isn't in 5.1 and I'll post more on that later today), David will be better.

Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (90 Views)

I would love to have target markets implemented

Intern
Message 4 of 5 (57 Views)

Oteck wrote:

I would love to have target markets implemented

out of curiosity why do you want this? I could see it to help correct for errors in calibration or other factors distorting scans. But FWIW with good calibration I haven't needed/use  targets for a while.
Top Student
Message 5 of 5 (25 Views)

For alignment....  like the post stated. I've had many challenges trying to align flat surfaces with hardly any distinction so this is a must

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation