Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

New to this, I have a piece of a front guard I would like to scan.

I have started to scan the  guard but the software is struggling to align the scan once its bigger that 250mm. I am using the 240mm calibration screen

The part size is 400mm by 500mm see the ruler in the photos for reference

Now for the noob question:

How can I scan this guard without getting alignment issues?

Do I need to adjust the Keystone on the projector to get a better scan?

What would be the best orientation to scan such a part?

Would I need to scan both sides to get a solid model?

Scanner is David SLS-3 software 4.5.3

Thanks in advance

Leo

IMG_4638.JPGIMG_4635.JPGIMG_4636.JPGIMG_4637.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

How are you scanning the object currently, are you scanning in sections or scanning the whole fender itself? Make sure the projector is in focus and scan in smaller sections so that you can align them together afterwards. You can try scanning the back also, but it may be difficult to align to the front without alot of overlapping surfaces. How far is the camera from the fender?

- David

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Your part is so smooth and alignment wouldnt possible in normal ways. Bring some plasticine and make a ball around 30~40 mm. Keep on your palm and squeze it with power. It will become an irregular shape. Make some of those and stick those on part at different places. Keep in mind that the space where ball is stuck must share in two scans. Then you align and it will give you result.

IMG_20190629_102632.jpgIMG_20190629_102703.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.