Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Other

Hello, my company & I need your help! We have a HP Jet Fusion 4200 Printer. We had an error with one of the build units, (Material Management - Feeder van module (front) full), System Error: 1020-009-0242. We got up with HP Support and they gave us the information to mechanically fix the build unit. Which was to re-grease the vane transmission gears. However after doing this we still had the same issue. Finally after getting up with HP Support again, they told us to use the "Diagnostic test & utilities (Service boot-mode)" they gave us some info on how to use it but we are stuck. There are suppose to be six icons that appear on the front panel when the printer is loading up. But each time we restart the printer the icons never appear. So we contacted customer support but still haven't received anymore information. So instead of waiting, like my company, I decided to try and seek help. My company doesn't want to try the factory reset because they are afraid we will lose all the info/memory in the printer that saves the info on humidity, irradiance, etc. 

I am just the operator and I am still trying to learn everything about it. We have production orders that are due in a day or two and I really enjoy working on the machine.

Hopefully you will be able to view the pictures. Starting with the System Error, through the gears being re-greased, the HP Support info on the steps to take, ( which we are stuck on step #3, waiting on the House button to appear), and pictures of the front panel. The last picture is where the six icons are suppose to appear when the machine is loading, but they never do.

the house icon only appears when I swipe over to view more settings, but if I try to hold or tap the icon it just sends me back to the main screen. (With the "Jobs", "Build Status", "Build Unit", and "Supplies"

I hope I gave enough information, please help if you can. Thank you so much!

* The Supplies has an "!" beside it because the detailing agent is getting low and needs to be replaced soon.

20210712_055916.jpg20210712_122642.jpg20210712_122653.jpg20210712_122700.jpg20210712_122728.jpg20210712_122735.jpg20210712_123000.jpg20210713_060852.jpg20210713_112716.jpg20210713_112728.jpgthis is where the icons are suppose to appearthis is where the icons are suppose to appear

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.