Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 3D Scan issues

HP 3D Scan
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

Running HP 3D Scan version 5 Pro on MS10(64) and have multiple small problems such as:

Can't find projector (must run generic)

Turntable won't initiate

Program stops without error code (often when using turntable)

Very frustrating indeed...when the system works it does a good job but I don't want to restart the program 5-6 times during a scan.

Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES
Grad Student
Grad Student
317 19 31
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

HP 3D Scan issues

As a first step go to your installation folder > settings, delete all the files inside of this folder. Next time when you start the scanning software this files will be recreated. Restart the scanning software and test usability. 

Projector does not have any drivers and it should be recognized by Windows. If you have chance try to test another HDMI cable or different HDMI port on your computer (if there are more ports than 1).

Turntable is using USB 2.0 protocol to communicate with the computer. Check if you are using USB ports 2.0 or 3.0 and try to test also other ports, e.g. if you are using ports on the front side of your computer please try the ports on the back side of the computer.

Try to make some scans with just 1 camera and without turntable to see if your system will be more stable.

Also you can limit the frame rate of the cams and check if that will improve stability.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
0 Kudos
rictrygg Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

HP 3D Scan issues

Still the same issues with the projector after test with different HDMI cables! In advanced settings the projector is called TS11 for some reasons. I've checked that th eprojector is set for HDMI source. Any more tips?

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
317 19 31
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

HP 3D Scan issues

Are you using SLS-3 system?

Go into device manager and uninstall Monitors, they will be reinstalled automatically.

Maybe that helps.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation