Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I get up using the Sprout G2 for 3D scanning (buggy USB3 controller and my hi-res cameras freezing). But I would like to use the turnatble for my hi-res setup.

Well, I thought it would be easy, but it is not or I do something wrong.

So I'm trying to install the 3D capture stage driver and David5/HP plugin for the turntable to work.

Driver itself do not get installed unless you copy the c:\system.sav\util\hpdc.exe which handles the installation. Then the driver showed up right.

But even when I copied all the setup and setting files from the Sprout HP 3D scan install folder, from logs I see that when I click connect turntable it is trying to load up the plugin for the TT1 and not the 3D capture stage.

So I decided to switch the names of the plugins so I made sure it's loading the right plugin.

Now in logs I can see the difference:
Error - 3dCaptureStage - Could not connect to turntable (bb0601882142020b)

The turntable still refuse to connect. Any ideas?

Did anyone attempted the same? I mean it's only logical to use the $300 tunrtable that has 2 rotation axis (only switchable) instead of the crappy TT1 that cost 1000Eur...

The turntable might be dependent on the sprout service...then it  would be complicated.

Any ideas are appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Using HP 3D Capture Stage on SLS is not supported, likewise using TT1 on G2.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Well, Yes, I understand that - if it were supported - I would call HP support and would not lurk around the forum.

TT1 thou does work on the G2 with a bit of a tingling.

I mean all I'm trying to accomplish is a good scanning system. The turntables are all bad - I will break them anyway and use it's built in electronics to control a solid large turntable. Everything was easier in David 4 when there was a support for 3rd party turntables. Now there is not but I heard there is an SDK for the Sprout G2....does that include the HP Scan/David software? Would You share an access to the SDK?

Anyway if you know the system, You can still help.

I mean I think the driver is installed fine. But even if I copy all David files from the Sprout David install folder to the install folder of the SLS on another computer - it is still trying to find the TT1 and noth the capture stage. So the info which stage should it look for has to be written either in registry or some /user/ setting folder or files.

Can You point me to the place where the stages or David plugins are being selected?

Petr 

HP Recommended

For the SDK, please refer to https://developers.hp.com/immersive. Hopefully they are able to answer your questions.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Please refer to https://developers.hp.com/immersive for SDK related questions. As for the turntable inquiries, perhaps someone else in this forum will be more knowledgeable in that area.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.