Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY17 3D

HP ENVY17 3D
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do you use the 3D on a HP ENVY 17 3D just got one and it came with Xpand 3D glasses and I just wanted to know how to use  them 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,794 7,666 278 331
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY17 3D

@Mihirtheboss28
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

The 3D technology in the HP Envy 17 relies on two pieces of equipment: the infrared transmitters on the display case and the HP 3D glasses. Working in tandem, they create a shutter effect that allows you to view 3D movies and video games.

Each lens in the 3D glasses contains a liquid crystal layer that darkens when a very small electric current is applied to it. The infrared transmitters in the frame around the display, send signals to the glasses that darken the lenses in synchronization with the images appearing on screen, forcing each eye to focus on a different perspective and tricking the eye into seeing depth.

Figure: The infrared transmitters on the HP Envy 17 3D Edition

The infrared transmitters on the HP Envy 17 3D Edition

When watching 3D movies and video games, keep the following in mind:

• For optimal 3D viewing, sit in front of the computer approximately 1.5 m (5 ft) from the display. Also, keep the area immediately around the infrared transmitters free of obstructions.

• The 3D glasses turn on and off automatically. When 3D content begins to play, the glasses detect the infrared signal from the computer and turn on automatically. The lenses might darken or flicker briefly as the computer begins synchronizing with the glasses.

• If no infrared signal is detected for more than 5 seconds, the glasses enter Standby mode to conserve battery power.

• The computer only supports 3D content in full-screen mode.

• View 3D content in a darkened environment for best results. Viewing 3D content in direct sunlight or bright lighting is not recommended.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation