Highlighted
mr_cg Tutor
Tutor
13 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Turntable dead-on-arrival / Need help because Reseller is unable to arrange replacement

Y8C56AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently ordered "HP 3d Automatic Turntable Pro" from german reseller.

Unfortunately the device is not working (dead on arrival) since the beginning.

Fault description:

Initialisation of turntable with HP Scan v5 SW without any problem.

The LED is changing from red to green after initialisation.

The LED starts blinking (green) if rotation is triggered from HP SW.

But unfortunately it's not rotating. I can recognize quite hum for each triggered rotation.

I guess the issue could be caused from the stepper motor or stepper driver.

I have reported the DOA problem to the reseller and asked for replacement.

So far the reseller was not able to arrange replacement with HP.

Beside this i could also not get any kind of information how long the response from HP will take.

Who can help in this issue???

3 REPLIES
mr_cg Tutor
Tutor
13 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

HP Turntable dead-on-arrival / Need help because Reseller is unable to arrange replacement

If somebody would tell me how bad the service performance from designated company is ... i would not believe it.

I really regret that DAVID was occupied from HP.

0 Kudos
1280 33 296
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

@mr_cg

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
mr_cg Tutor
Tutor
13 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

Unfortunately it's too late because i have sent back my order to the reseller and asked for cancellation of my order.

I have provided them all informations including serial number. My frustration level with HP Structured Light product reached now very high level. It is now the second order with lot of problems and in both cases zero feedback from HP via reseller. Disappointing !!!

Beside the orders i was asking two official HP resellers if it is possible to order spare aluminium rail for the structured light scanner.  I would say that should be really nothing special. Isn't it ???

Anyhow i was really patient for some weeks and one reseller was very cooperative by opening tickets and calling the HP support. My final conclusion was it's impossible to get an answer from HP about such - non standard - request.

For me the after sales support seems to not exist for this product.

For such expensive device really questionable.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation