08-05-2018 12:18 PM
I have been using David SLS 2 for 3 years and now i have started to have this issue of having lines on scans. Problem is very apparent when I use extended view is checked. Scans are fairly OK when I scan from one cam. First, I thought I wasn’t calibrating right, Tried almost ten times but these lines wont go away. This thing is driving me crazy, would you please someone help me with this.
08-09-2018 09:34 AM
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but are the lines only on the purple scan, or are they on both? If one camera has an issue then scanning in stereo mode will still have the issue as the data from both cameras is used for depth reconstruction.
If the lines only happen on one of the two scans then there's probably some issue related to the camera that is causing the lines to occur.
Some things to try:
- Turn on each camera individually and take a single scan with each one. Do both single scans look good, or do either have lines on them?
- If one looks bad and the other looks good try plugging the bad camera into the USB port on your computer that you're using for the good camera and take another scan.
- Try swapping the USB cables between the two cameras and scan again - did anything change?
Some other things to try:
- Try lowering the framerate by using the framerate limiting feature. Did this help?
- Play around with the camera exposure settings
Have a great day!