Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (336 Views)

Problem with notebook, when I triying to calibrate 3D scanner

[ Edited ]
Product Name: Pavilion 15t
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

I'm having a 3d scan problem on my laptop. Every time I start to calibrate my new 3D scanner (Artec Spider) , the laptop emits some kind of extraneous sounds and turns off by itself. And I can't turn it on for a minute or two after that. The power button doesn't light up, just like the indicators on the laptop. I read all the instructions that I found, nothing helps. I tried scanning with Scanect and found no problems with either the connection, or with the process of scanning and data processing... Maybe my laptop is too "weak" for 3d scanning with good scanners? What characteristics should such laptops have? Perhaps the problem is in the laptop or power adaptor. I appreciate any help. Thanks

P.S laptop Pavilion 15t, intel i7-6700HQ Quad Core, Windows 7, 4gb GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M,  16gb DDR4 RAM.

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Message 2 of 3 (222 Views)

Re: Problem with notebook, when I triying to calibrate 3D scanner

Check Artec website, maybe that is common problem by some users.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
Highlighted
Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (187 Views)

Re: Problem with notebook, when I triying to calibrate 3D scanner

Thanks for reply. I asked tech support, but thay said that the problem is not with 3d scanner. I'll try to find another laptop to test it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation