mr_cg Tutor
Tutor
13 1 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Questions: Upgrade "David v4" licence to "HP v5" ???

DAVID v4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Currently i have "DAVID" labeled USB Dongle with v4 Licence. I want to upgrade to "HP v5" and have the following questions:

1. Can i still use the David v4 software (supporting also motorized laser and DIY turntable ... no longer supported in v5) after upgrading the licence to v5?
2. Will it be possible to buy further upgrades from HP (v6?) with "DAVID" labeled USB dongle including v5 Licence?
3. Is it possible to use the black "HP 3d Automatic Turntable Pro" also with David v4 Software or only with HP v5 Software?
4. Is there any difference between upgraded "DAVID Dongle with v5" and the native "HP Dongle with v5"? I am asking this because some online shops are selling "David v4 to v5 Upgrade" and seperately "HP v4 to v5 Upgrade". And will there be any limitation between both versions in further upgrade packages?

Unfortunately the different DAVID and HP products after the merge are not very clear. Therefore it would be helpful to get more detailed description about the compatibility.
Thanks for clarification.
3 REPLIES
Grad Student
Grad Student
317 19 31
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Hi,

1. I am not sure about this one, but I think 99% that you can still use V4 software after the upgrade to V5.

2. I am not sure how licensing will be done with the V6, so can´t answer on this question.

3. Yes, black TT works with V4 and V5 software.

4. There is no difference. Both dongles will be treated the same when new software version comes out. 

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
0 Kudos
mr_cg Tutor
Tutor
13 1 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

I am happy with your answers on 2-4.
Can you please ask R&D about question 1.
It is very important to me.
It would be "no go" if v4 SW (with mentioned features) could be no longer used after buying the upgrade. It is already very regrettable that those features have been removed in v5.

Thanks for clarification!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
mr_cg Tutor
Tutor
13 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

@ drndadoo

Can you please clarify and provide 100% answer on my question (1.) if David Software v4 can still be used after upgrading my licence from v4 to v5. The answers from resellers are different here which is quite confusing. I just want to be sure not to loose those features from v4 when buying the v5 upgrade package.

As you are HP member i guess you will be able to find this out and bring some light into the different answers received from your resellers.

Thanks for clarification!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation