Ivan24
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recommendations for choosing a camera to work in David 4 x64

David 4 x64
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello everybody! I'm interested in the recommendations for choosing a camera to work in David 4 x64. Except for David Cam. Ideally - get a link to the most suitable camera. Thanks to all.

5 REPLIES 5
drndadoo
Level 5
317 312 19 31
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Ivan,

can you give us more info about what do you want to scan? Do you need texture or just 3D data? What else is important for you? Price range? Why not DAVID cam?

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
Ivan24
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will scan steel parts measuring approximately 300x300x300 mm. Texturing is not necessary. It is necessary to maximally accurately scan the surface. The price is desirable minimum, so DavidCam is not suitable. I tried this option https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/5-0Megapixel-Aptina-MI5100-CS-5-50mm-varifocal-lens-MJPEG-YUY2-HD-sur... had to return because I did not work correctly: when connecting through David, there appeared bands and some distortions. Win 8.1 x 64 system. Thank you

0 Kudos
drndadoo
Level 5
317 312 19 31
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maximum accuracy with minimum price is not going to work. That camera on aliexpress looks cheap and it has questionable quality. Good industrial camera vendors are Imaging source, Point Gray, Basler and similar, but they are all in similar price range. It is also hard to say which camera is going to work just so without testing. Any cam that uses DirectX should work, but from expirience we know that it is not so simple... Maybe it would work for you to buy used camera.  

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
Ivan24
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Which of these options is the most suitable for me? https://www.ptgrey.com/flea3-usb3-vision-cameras

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Curiousjeff
Level 3
49 42 0 6
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As mentioned before:

You will not be able to use 2 PT cameras with David 5, in case you want to upgrade one day. This a PT driver problem.

Other then that, the PT camera will work but the driver does not allow fine adjustments within David /HP 3D.

You will need to go back and forth between HP 3D and the PT software. Not very easy.

Once you have found the correct settings, things will be easier.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation