Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

SLS-2 to HP 3DScan dual camera upgrade- not working

HP 3D Scan Pro 2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm attempting to install a second camera with a David SL-2 system, upgraded to the HP 3D Scan ver 5.4.0.   

The software is extremely balky; and only ittermittent images appear from the cameras.  I'm using the David3 camera and the new HP dual cmaera upgrade.   

BTW, the David 3 system with the single camera works just fine; no speed or other issues.

5 REPLIES 5
Grad Student
Grad Student
328 312 19 31
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Setup Menu > Setup Type > Custom structured light scanner

If you still get problems:

Setup Menu > Camera Setup > Frame Rate Limit = 20

You can test also with 25 fps, the old cams are delivering 25 fps, new cams are delivering 54 fps.

Hope this helps.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
0 Kudos
zamir18 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is something wrong with DAVID  scanner functionality (or lack thereof).  Set-Up is marginal at best in that  this sytem is extremely unsable. Sometimes you turn the sytem off cameras are recognised and remain FULLY functional without and FPS limit (set to none).  Then after sometime it becomes a struggle. cameras start Xing, and it takes  reduction to as low as 15fps to get them to remain stable. This is if you are lucky.  This is true with various computers with WIN 7. What can I do to remedy this instability.?

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
68 25 1 2
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you try different USB ports or try an externally powered USB hub to see if it makes a difference?

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
zamir18 Top Student
Top Student
9 6 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried everything to no avail. Today I found a newer driver for the cameras and now everything seems to have stabilized. I will keep my fingers crossed. the new driver version is : 2.8.0.1440  I wonder whether it is the latest available.

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
68 25 1 2
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes that is the latest version according to the HP support site: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-3d-structured-light-scanner/14169438

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation