Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
DAVID LASER SCANNER
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Some time ago I played with this and now am back on it. I have a DAVID laser scanner starter kit which allows me to you a sls set up. (I know I know old school) 

Anyway I calibrated on the 120 panel, and scanned a part. Comes out great. 

I then moved in a little nearer, recalibrated and rescanned. The two scans are quite different in a number of areas. 

Has anyone tried this?

I basically wanted to scan a larger area at a further distance away, then go in closer to scan some holes. By go in closer, i'm talking about 3 - 4 inches, not far and then do the recalibrate.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Can you clarify what areas are the differences? 

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Pretty much most of it was different. It's similar to when I've scanned something round. The scans stich together nicely and align fine, but when I get round the 360 degrees, they don't match up at the finish.

HP Recommended

Please check if the FAQs apply to your situation. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05250654 Are the individual scans detailed enough? Have you tried putting markers on the object to get better alignment?

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.