Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stereo Mode HP ScanPro with two cameras failed

HP 3ScanPro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use DAVID 4 and made an update on the HP Version 5 on May 2017 because of using the Stereo option. I use the standart David monochrome 3.1 Kamera and a second Ueye Kamera , too.

But still up today I am not able to take a stero Scan.  I tried everything but it does not work. Do somebody knows how can I fixt his problem. Is the any funktion to switch on the stereomode? I See both cameras and the calibration is working but when I start the scan only one camera is working.

Thank for your answers....

3 REPLIES
scanman68 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After checking this forum it seems to be a problem with the new Version since up to 5.2. In 5.1 there was the possibility to activate the stereomode. After 5.1 there is no way to activate it. Why. It does no matter?

0 Kudos
scanman68 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought last year the upgrate because of using the steromode and in 5.1 erverything was ok. but since 5.2 I am not longer able the activate the extendet sign modus. Only in the "automatic turntable" your can see this modua again. But I do not have a automatic turntable. Is it thenew  politic of HP, that I have to buy this equipment like turntable and offcial camera upgratekit to get this function again?

Sorry...but This is not.....)-:

Please HP reactivate the extended view for stereo camera modus again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grad Student
Grad Student
317 19 31
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

2 camera system can be used in:

- extended view mode (at the moment working in single scan mode only) as a scanning result you will get 2 scans aligned, one for each cam, with all captured 3D points

- strereo mode (working with all scanning modes if extended view is not on) as a scanning result you will get a single scan with 3D points that are captured by both cams. 3D points that are captured with just one cam (left or right) will be removed.

So if you are scanning with 2 camera system and the turntable you will automatically use "stereo mode", if you want extended view you will need to use single scan mode and put the checkmark in the extended view box.

I hope this makes it more clear.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation