Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (375 Views)

Stereo Mode scans not aligning extended mode scans

Product Name: David SLS-3 W/ Stereo Upgrade
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While scanning my scan came out with two serial code bars on one scan on an object that has only one.  I recalibrated, which seemed to help, but it still comes out with a little misalignment.  Any idea what is casuing this?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Message 2 of 4 (353 Views)

Re: Stereo Mode scans not aligning extended mode scans

Can you please a picture of your entire scan? I assume that software is using some points for alignment on big flat parts and here you get the error. Try to align numbers with contact pair selection option in alignment menu.

I am an HP Employee

**Views expressed are my own, no one else would say such drivel**
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (333 Views)

Sorry, I need to clarify, this is not alignment in shape fusion, this is the scan result from a stereo mode shot.  When I scanned from above and pointed down on the object it was way worse, changing to "Both" on pattern direction fixed it. 

Grad Student
Message 4 of 4 (326 Views)

Structured light does not like sharp edges, projecting pattern over emboss numbers and letters create shadows that as end effect are creating "echo" in scan. That what happened to you. Now you need to find right angle to scan that. Can you please share one screenshot with better results if you have it?

I am an HP Employee

**Views expressed are my own, no one else would say such drivel**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation